FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Owner is Retiring, Parts for Sale!

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by skill View Post
    Hey Dave,

Not here to defend Ed. But I doubt he is doing that to people who are eBay buying because I've bought many parts (Fuel gauges, etc) without disclosing my VIN and have no issues. All items arrived at home. I have no idea to why someone would black list a VIN even if they exchanged hands. From any of the vendors, I've never been asked for my VIN. Not sure if that's common practice - all parts I've seen online, bought and have arrived without issue/s.
    I hear ya. I was absolutely asked what my VIN was. I think the days of being the only game in town gave him the impression that was an acceptable business tactic. Obviously those days are long gone and he just wants to get rid of everything.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    03037

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I hear ya. I was absolutely asked what my VIN was. I think the days of being the only game in town gave him the impression that was an acceptable business tactic. Obviously those days are long gone and he just wants to get rid of everything.
    If vendors are keeping track of what [parts] I've purchased, for which I'm cool with [IMO]; I'm okay with it, because my hard work to buy replacement parts equals to my VIN, than NOTE IT, cuz I bought it and it appends to my machine cuz I had good reason.
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    There is no list as far as I know. Ed/Carter wouldn't give me one and said he had no time to make one. I will admit it wiould take a very long time to go through the boxes but most of them are core parts many of which are not worth rebuilding. The whole place is a total mess. He obviously never threw anything away. It's not a vender fight as Ed is no longer a vender. I am not fighting with him either. I'm just warning the forum members of the potential dangers of doing business with him. If that is something the members don't want to hear then I'll put a lid on it

Rob Grady
    No Rob, I agree with you 100% and that's why the thread stays open (for now)
    And BTW this crap about members emailing him and asking for prices, with a follow up of, I don't know a price or check eBay auction#.....will not stand if I have anything to say about it. If you (as a broker) took this job on, then it is your responsibility to know your products and prices for your client. If not, the ads come down, and you can go to another site, or eBay. I have checked with another mod to see if carter got a general post permission. I understand this is a rare case with a large list, and may require bending for sale rules a bit, but until I know for sure, ill let it ride. If he didn't get permission, and we as mods both agree, he is going to have to post a list and price, or I'm pulling the ad. So a heads up, as a broker I would be penning a list and prices, as its the only serious way to move a large amount of product.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Mmm, I like a good mystery....

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but according to the Internet (so it must be true), Mr B. was involved in a court case, in 1982, as a realtor, and his defense was the California Cartwright Act.

Cartwright, Carter Wright....

* insert Twilight Zone theme

http://law.justia.com/cases/californ...d/134/486.html

The Cartwright Act being an anti-price fixing act

http://www.girardgibbs.com/antitrust...artwright-act/

Tenuous Coincidence? You decide.

Would be good enough for solving a cable TV crime series
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but according to the Internet (so it must be true), Mr B. was involved in a court case, in 1982, as a realtor, and his defense was the California Cartwright Act.

That was pretty damn good....!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Now hold your hoss!
    Are you suggesting Mr Ed is simply trying to exploit a bonanza of parts here, which will wind up as Ben v/s Cartwright??

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

OK I did.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

http://law.justia.com/cases/californ...d/134/486.html

http://www.girardgibbs.com/antitrust...artwright-act/

You're a super sleuth! That would be vintage Ed Bernstein. We go back many years as he's been in the DMC business almost as long as me but everyone still thinks he was the "only game in town back then". Actually I predated his entrance by a few years but he was a showman and I was quiet and stuck to my work. People had other options then but before the internet most didn't know it. I actually like Ed in a strange way. He's a very funny and intelligent guy. I just hate how he does business with such deceit. I know he had plenty of customers who swore by him but he's had way too many owners who swore at him. They can't all be wrong. I'm sure there are people here that believe Carter Wright is a real person but it's definitely Ed at the wheel there. No one else talks like Ed except Carter Wright. I'm surprised he thinks this tactic will work for him but he's not the sharp tack he used to be!
    Rob

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

OK... That's a pretty good connection... Considering the fact that the OP has to do will selling goods.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    I'm sure there are people here that believe Carter Wright is a real person
    For those who don't know me well, my post above was intended as a thinly veiled invitation to Ed to stop acting like such a child...

Of course its him - it's (again) insulting for him to think he's fooling anyone.

Ed, if you read this, seriously consider that if everyone thinks you're a jerk, maybe the problem isn't everyone else. If you want to sell your inventory, man up and list what you have, and don't expect to be treated like a king when you're selling mostly old junk to be refurbished. People had to treat you that way for years because they didn't know they had any other option. The fact that you had a virtual monopoly for a while neither makes you a hero nor a good person.

List your stuff, as yourself. Take your lumps for the repeated disrespect you have shown for those you now want to sell to - or toss it all in a dumpster. We will be fine without you - really.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast