FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

I just created a thread for off topic carburetion posts. In the future they can be made there rather than this thread.

Thank you in advance for keeping DMCTalk neat & tidy.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    The very first thing you said, Robert, is that this isn't just about what we see here in the thread; that it's about your war with Bill, which spans years, sadly. That admission is all we needed to hear.

Now take it elsewhere. This is not the venue to cultivate your vendetta.
    No, it's not any sort of war or vendetta with Bill. It's about correcting ignorance and misinformation. Again with your little out of context quotes to twist the conversation.

I don't care about Bill, and as you failed to notice, I don't run the guy down on everything he says. He's smart, and he's got some knowledge on him. But he's also quite manipulative as well (he's now got you as a puppet fighting his battles just like all the other users he got banned), and just loves to not only start arguments, but win them at any cost. The reference to what has been going on for years isn't about Bill and myself having some sort of argument. It's about years and years of problems that Bill has had interacting with other people and the continuing pattern of abuse he has engaged in. Start doing searches on his username sans the "_2" addendum to disconnect himself from his already banned account here on DMCTalk.

You'll find evidence of years of feuds and trolling across not only Talk, but Today, and the DML itself where Bill has started fights with everyone he possibly could and worn out his welcome everywhere he's gone.

But again, although Bill is a serial shit-starter, it's not about him. It's about the lies he continues to spread in order to simply win arguments at any cost. And the cost is the damage to the marque.

If you have EVER had someone in a conversation tell you misinformation about your car and didn't like it, then you know what I'm talking about. I don't have a problem with carburetors, nor Bill selling kits. But what I do have a problem with are his incessant lies he makes up to try and bolster his flawed and failed arguments. Such as when it comes to trying to state that fuel injection is more of a fire hazard as a way to boost his sales through pitching a false sense of security to his buyers. So now do you want people to start researching our cars and wrongly think that they have some sort of a problem with catching on fire simply because one little man in North Carolina needed to spread a false rumor for his side business? Because by not saying something you're allowing that to happen.

If you want to boost respect for our cars, then you need to stop the misconceptions from spreading or even starting in the first place.

If you have a carburetor, that's perfectly fine. Even if it's one of Bill's. Please realize that doesn't reflect upon you, and that no one is fighting or looking down on you. If there is any sort of fight it is to keep you in the know by keeping you educated. But whenever bad information starts to get spread around, the person stating the falsehoods cannot possibly think that they're somehow immune to criticism. As such bad information will be challenged each time, and ignoring it and/or refusing to acknowledge the incorrectness doesn't validate it.

Same with selling these carbs. Bill has chosen to act as a vender, so it is perfectly acceptable for others to post their experiences with said vender, be them positive or negative. And don't tell me that we're supposed to somehow keep quiet about Bill's carburetor kits when I have seen product threads where people have just shit allover DMCH and John Hervey. They've gotten far worse than what Bill has, and yet I don't hear you or others sticking up for them like you're trying to do for Bill right now.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Please make off topic posts in the appropriate thread.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    6585

It is not off-topic at all, Bill. A question was asked, and I answered. The topic of which was indeed tied directly to this thread.

If the moderators see it differently, then it is up to their discretion to split threads as needed. Otherwise no one is stopping you from continuing on with the thread. Feel free to continue.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    I just created a thread for off topic carburetion posts. In the future they can be made there rather than this thread.

Bill Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    Please make off topic posts in the appropriate thread.

Bill Robertson
    I suggest you post a link to the thread (...solely for the purpose of messing up your thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    While I have been a DeLorean owner since 1998, I was out of the DeLorean forum scene for a few years between the early 2000's and 2012. Between college and law school, life was keeping me busy. Back when I purchased my first DeLorean, I found a picture of a carbureted PRV and asked Ed Bernstein about carburation options. However, Ed flatly, unambiguously, and incorrectly replied that the Peugeot / Volvo carbed manifolds would not bolt-up to a DeLorean PRV. At that time, I gave up on carbing my Delorean and spent a lot of time and money getting K-Jet working. When I started getting back into the community, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much advancement had been accomplished in terms of carburation options. Frankly it was the advancement in carburation options for DeLoreans that convinced me to take on a second project DeLorean for the purposes of restoration.

Via my junk yard sourced Peugeot 604 manifold and carbs along with a $45 mechanical fuel pump (and with the assistance of Google to translate some Renault service guides from French to English) I got 5052 running for less than the cost of a rebuilt fuel distributor. :-)

For some reason totally unknown to me, the attacks on carburation quickly turn into personal attacks on people who prefer carburation and those who carb their DeLoreans.

As the owner of both a carbed DeLorean and K-jet DeLorean one of the things I appreciate about my carbed Delorean most is the electrical simplicity. 5052's fuel system consists of mechanical fuel pump and a single electrical circuit with two connectors running to anti-diesel shut off valves on each carburetor. Thus my fuel system eliminates the need for the Lambda ECU, the Idle ECU, the Fuel Pump Relay, RPM Relay, Inertia Switch and Fuse 7.

Nobody can say that our engines weren't designed for carburation. In contrast, Peugeot and Renault were using the dual Solex system that now sits on 5052 before K-Lambda was on the market.

Finally, acknowledging the flaws in the DeLorean's design is in no way an indictment of the marque. Rather a frank recognition of the downfalls in areas such as the front end, electrical system and fuel system represents a recognition of reality. There were a lot of things the DeLorean / Lotus engineers did correctly, however there was room for improvement. Even the big three make mistakes, even in cars that were a great sales success i.e. the GM's 4100 engine, Ford's rollover prone Explorers of the 1990s...the list goes on and on.
    Great post!
    ...Robert's reply reflects any comments I would make concerning those carbers mentioned ( I assume Bill and "misguided minions"...;-)
    ...and you using "advancement" and carburation in the same sentence.
    Last edited by Ron; 06-08-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Received a PM from James. He got the UPS box OK and everything "looks nice" (since he didn't mention any damage I assume all pieces survived the trip intact).

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by The Aviator View Post
    what's the horsepower limit of the 2100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One common basic conversion is- Horsepower = (Air flow × 1.6) × 0.9
    So 2100 (with max stock venturis IIRC) would be 424 X 1.6 x 0.9 = 610.56 HP
    (A lot of things like ambient temp etc, etc are assumed here...)

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Thank you Ron for answering that HP question!
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

Got the kit, looks great.

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast