FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 172 of 920 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 672 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    Formerly 10989

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    Ah..... when is the last time it ran....??? And do you have plans to put it back on the road??
    Honestly, I don't remember when the last time it ran, but it's been months. It's a long ugly story that I won't go into here. I'm in the process of going through a career change, once I finish school, again, the car will be going to DPI for a frame off.
    Josh Porter

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I started mine. It's been sitting for a while since I've been out of town, so I gave it about 10 minutes of run time
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I moved over the summer to a small studio apartment (location, location, location) without a garage, so the car has been outside all the time since then. On Monday I finally picked up a car cover for it.
    I like this cover, it's definitely quality, and it fits the Delorean perfectly.
    It was $73 at NAPA, after tax and AAA discount. Size B.

Last edited by jackb; 12-27-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Filled her up, drove to the Galleria to get myself a laptop (Nexus 7 wouldn't cut it, so it went back) and my daughter and I counted the "thumbs up" along the way. Car is perfectly content to weave through traffic at 75 mph on a nice sunny day on huge highways.

We don't get many cold ones here so I need to take advantage of them to tweak the cold start settings. My idle stays at about 2,000 RPM until warm. A bit too high. Easily changed.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    16419

another ding. while Christmas shopping some jack off was pulling out of his spot not looking and hit my front fender by the wheel well. Nice little dent in it, was recommended that the fender be replaced since you cant get that fold right again, oh and the person who hit me had no insurance. Hurray, now my collision has to cover it. Merry Christmas to me

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I moved over the summer to a small studio apartment (location, location, location) without a garage, so the car has been outside all the time since then. On Monday I finally picked up a car cover for it.
    I like this cover, it's definitely quality, and it fits the Delorean perfectly.
    It was $73 at NAPA, after tax and AAA discount. Size B.

Is it actually waterproof? Like, could you leave it out in a heavy rainstorm without the stainless getting wet? I have the one from DMCH and I'm quite happy with it except for the fact that it's not waterproof.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    16409

I removed my fuel accumulator to install a replacement. If you look at the pictures, you can see the original "Black" undercoating that the factory sprayed on the 1983 models while they were sitting at the dock. That must mean, the fuel accumulator has never been replaced! This just goes to show you, fuel system parts last a long time if the car gets driven all the time (124,000 miles and counting). Still had all the original fuel hoses attached as well. All of the "rubber" coating had fallen off leaving the fabric braid exposed. Got new hoses for when I install the new part.
    Attached Images
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    This just goes to show you, fuel system parts last a long time if the car gets driven all the time (124,000 miles and counting).
    Chris,

I Retired an 85 Audi coupe w (k-Jet). The Original Accumulator was still performing normally. Never a hot start issue. The exterior of the accumulator looked like pile of rust (midwest road salt) The car had 400,000 miles on it. I mentioned this to Stephen W. several ago. He said, the difference in component longevity was due to my frequent use of the Audi (It kept the Rudder diaphragm flexible) as opposed to the infrequent use a Delorean sees. The diaphragm tends to age harden with inactivity and lose its flexibility.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    6679

A few of the items I've recently worked on:

Finally adjusted my door striker pins - one of the passenger door latches has never locked into its second position and one of the driver door latches needs a good slam to engage second position. Finally got both of them aligned beautifully and each drive since has been amazingly quiet since I've been used to the rattling!

Remote central locking installed. Endeavoured to also get remote door release going but had issues with the driver door actuator - some amazing teamwork between DMC NorthWest and DMC MidWest had me with a replacement actuator in Australia a couple days later!

A few odds and ends such as idle tweaking, new engine cover grilles (crappy Photoshop below of combined before & after as I forgot to take a picture mid-install), illuminated door sills, etc.

Chris

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    Is it actually waterproof? Like, could you leave it out in a heavy rainstorm without the stainless getting wet? I have the one from DMCH and I'm quite happy with it except for the fact that it's not waterproof.
    It was advertised as such and sure feels like it is, but of course, after about a month of raining almost every day, it's only drizzled a little but once since I got the cover. I'll let you know for sure as soon as it pours.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Page 172 of 920 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 672 ... LastLast