FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post

Caravanning with another D was a new experience for me too, I'd never just watched one drive IRL before and it was so cool.

Pictures of a DeLorean taken from another DeLorean with a sunset in the background are pretty much the most epic thing ever.
    Yep, that's pretty cool alright. It's been a few years, but have a look Here for some multi-DeLorean fun...

The first car in the line up (the last on the video), is mine. We were running 75-80 coming back to Houston from a show in Austin.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Hehe...yeah get a map and chart out rest areas on your route...I got into the habit of generally stopping at any along the way when I been taking trips, wether I needed to or not..if nothing else just to get out n walk a little since most are usually 60-90 miles between them.

Yeah when a friend of mine was here (before I had mine) it was a lil trippy looking when I watched him pulling out to leave..somehow different than a normal car...but then these aint normal...hehe.

Musta been fun caravaning and watching his right blinker on all the time (hehe...looks like its on in your pic).

Figure out what the gas smell was?
    I spent the afternoon at MW and when they pulled out the plug that covers the space where the old fuel sender was in the original pump, there was some swelling and iirc deformation of the gasket on it. So they swapped it out and I drove it around a few miles with some apparent improvement. They're going to take another look at it in the morning. They also found the windshield leak without taking the t-panel apart - there was a gap where the windshield was attached at the top (some signs that a previous owner had attempted to repair it, obviously with less than stellar results) and they were able to reseal it. Hopefully that'll be the end of that because it's supposed to be a stormy week in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Yep, that's pretty cool alright. It's been a few years, but have a look Here for some multi-DeLorean fun...

The first car in the line up (the last on the video), is mine. We were running 75-80 coming back to Houston from a show in Austin.
    That's badass! I'm looking forward to DeLorean Weekend in Vegas this fall so I can go on more outings with the cool kids club

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hopefully that'll be the end of that because it's supposed to be a stormy week in the Midwest.
    Yeah, gotta be careful in them storms...Dont wanna get hit by lightning
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Yeah, gotta be careful in them storms...Dont wanna get hit by lightning
    Well if it sent me two days into the future when it was no longer storming, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Speaking of storms, I went through the worst weather I've ever driven more than a block in today. (Well, in the D. I've been in worse in other cars, I'm sure, but it was pretty bad.) There were a couple minutes when the rain was bad enough that I could barely see I thought I was going to have to pull over on the shoulder but maybe it's a good thing I didn't try to because there were already a couple of cars over there. Happily, the roof didn't leak. I felt a couple of drops on my left foot (I wear sandals) so there's still another leak somewhere but the worst of it is fixed at least. The rubber seal that goes around the door frame has a rip in the top so IDK if that was a factor but it wasn't bad enough to worry about right now. I'm more worried about the snow that's forecast in the Cheyenne area the next couple days. Not sure whether to try and detour north or south or just try and plow through and call in sick to work on Sat if I have to wait it out.

I got to Lincoln, NE from Crystal Lake today which was also the most miles I've gone in one day. Feels like I should have gotten farther along considering I left before 11 and stopped at 9 but at least all the weather made for a pretty drive when it wasn't pouring.

IMG_20170517_190532.jpgIMG_20170517_195042.jpgIMG_20170517_182802.jpgIMG_20170517_202220-1.jpgIMG_20170517_144757.jpg

Sounds like a fun section...and nice shots....you should invest in a dash cam..might be safer than cell phone...lol.

Myself, I'd be tempted to hit the snow, but then I like snow...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I fought the snow...
    IMG_20170518_170257.jpg

And the snow won.
    IMG_20170518_201403.jpg

Currently in Cheyenne, hoping it clears up enough that they re-open the 80 tomorrow. The drive in was better than I expected, mostly because there wasn't much traffic, but I passed some poor bastard getting loaded on a tow truck. Compared to them, I guess my day was pretty good. I did almost get creamed by a Fed Ex truck getting back on the freeway from some weird access road detour from exit 401 in WY. Hopefully I haven't used up my allotment of luck for this trip, because my heater fan was making a weird noise when I had the defroster on, and I heard a noise from the back as I was parking at the motel. Crossing my fingers that it was just a wet belt or something. Fortunately I'd remembered to grab another throttle splash guard at Midwest after having taken mine off during the coolant system shenanigans last summer and forgetting to put it back on before I left. That might have been the best $10 I've spent lately.

Today was also notable for hitting the big 3-0.
    IMG_20170518_113041.jpg

The lambda light didn't come on so hopefully that means the sensor got changed and the counter was reset when the exhaust was replaced. We'll see if it comes on when I hit 50,000...

Yaay snow!

Fed ex drivers are crazy...them and bus drivers.

really putting the miles on there...at this rate you'll have more miles than mine by the time i get it all doine
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Yaay snow!

Fed ex drivers are crazy...them and bus drivers.

really putting the miles on there...at this rate you'll have more miles than mine by the time i get it all doine
    Heh, well I don't plan on taking too many more 9-state road trips (at least until I'm retired and can take two months to do it) but I might wander around the west coast a little next year. Gotta make up for all the years it spent being badly stored by the original owner somehow

Didn't get any driving done today, though. I had the car all cleaned off (lessons learned: bring snow boots even if it's May, get your ice scraper out of the trunk before the car has a foot of snow on it ) but WYDOT was reporting the freeway wouldn't open until at least 5 or 6 so I just stayed put. It did finally open around 6 and I'm kicking myself a little for not waiting it out but it's still literally freezing and only going to get colder overnight and there's a lot of nothing between Laramie and Rock Springs so it's probably for the best.

At least I've got a room with a view.
    IMG_20170519_073301.jpg

Here's hoping nothing important froze off...

Thats awesome camoflage...no one will ever know whats parked under all that snow....hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Heh, well I don't plan on taking too many more 9-state road trips (at least until I'm retired and can take two months to do it) but I might wander around the west coast a little next year. Gotta make up for all the years it spent being badly stored by the original owner somehow

Didn't get any driving done today, though. I had the car all cleaned off (lessons learned: bring snow boots even if it's May, get your ice scraper out of the trunk before the car has a foot of snow on it ) but WYDOT was reporting the freeway wouldn't open until at least 5 or 6 so I just stayed put. It did finally open around 6 and I'm kicking myself a little for not waiting it out but it's still literally freezing and only going to get colder overnight and there's a lot of nothing between Laramie and Rock Springs so it's probably for the best.

At least I've got a room with a view.
    IMG_20170519_073301.jpg

Here's hoping nothing important froze off...
    Why does it stick in my mind that you don't have a throttle shield... might be wrong..
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast