FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Clock Module - Looking for Testers

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

One month update:

I had the battery disconnected for more than a week while I wrestled with my fuel accumulator replacement, and when I reconnected the battery, I was pleased to see that the clock was still keeping the correct time. Very nice feature! Also, I tried the colon flash setting, (turning it on). This setting gives the clock some subtle animation.

Still impressed!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4665

The other thread of an owner looking for a clock reminded me to check in on the progress of this project.

Are there any updates on the testing? Any line of sight to getting this ready for sale?

Thanks
    Steve

Testing Update

Hi there,

After three months, I continue to be impressed. My favorite feature is the battery backup. I disconnect my battery after every drive, so when I connect it again to go for another drive, the clock is right on time.

The other favorite is the stock look.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    The other thread of an owner looking for a clock reminded me to check in on the progress of this project.

Are there any updates on the testing? Any line of sight to getting this ready for sale?

Thanks
    Steve
    Hey Steve! Thanks for the interest. Sadly, I have not been working on this project at all recently. I've been working on a project for my other car, a 1st-gen Honda Insight (read about it here if you like).
    I will pick it up again some time in the future after I'm satisfied with the performance of the prototype modules. It sounds like the tests have been going well so far!
    As for sales, I will have to continue to talk to DeLorean vendors and see about selling them the PCBs/designs or whatever. I most likely won't want to do orders and screen swaps myself. I still need to decide on how I want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi there,

After three months, I continue to be impressed. My favorite feature is the battery backup. I disconnect my battery after every drive, so when I connect it again to go for another drive, the clock is right on time.

The other favorite is the stock look.
    Good to hear! Not exactly the intended use case, but it will certainly work fine. The backup battery will probably last for 2.5-3 years with that behavior (as opposed to 10+ years if the car's battery is always connected).

Test wrap up

Hi there,

After one year of testing, I can solidly recommend this clock product. To repeat the features that Mario outlined, it:

1. Looks completely stock
    2. Fits in original case
    3. Keeps much better time than the original (±3min/year)
    4. Battery-backed, so it keeps time if you disconnect the battery (Backup battery should last 2.5yrs out of a car, 10 yrs inside a car)
    5. Uses less power than stock when on and when off
    6. 12 and 24-hour modes
    7. Adjustable brightness
    8. Change whether colon flashes or not

In the time I tested it, both when my battery was disconnected between drives (3-4 months), when it was connected all the time, in hot and cool weather (sorry, no cold testing), it never missed a beat. My favorite features are 1, 4, and 6.

Here is the clock removed. It took all of 5 minutes.

image.jpg

I'm looking forward to the possibility of this product being offered. I give it 5 stars!!
    Dana

Question How can I buy one??

How can I buy one???

My VIN:    4665

Me too!

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'm in...

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Same here.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    6654

And me
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast