FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Barn find today! 9/11/17

Barn find today! 9/11/17

So I was driving my Route to my first customer in Louisa Kentucky and saw out of the corner of my eye this poor thing! The owner told me he had it parked in his garage(barn) for 25 years! It has only 9,014 miles and started right up! I asked what he was asking for it and he said money talks so I said $4 Grand and he said show me the money!IMG_1148.JPGIMG_1143.JPGIMG_1146.JPGIMG_1144.JPGIMG_1149.JPGIMG_1150.JPGIMG_1151.JPGIMG_1147.JPGIMG_1154.JPGIMG_1152.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

This thread has the capacity of being the best barn find ever! A running DeLorean for 4 grand???? Sure it needs work but it actually runs for 4k???

Word to the wise, don't push your luck. Don't run it anymore until you do some research on returning cars that have been parked to the road. That car will still need a LOOOOTTT of work!

And welcome!!

My VIN:    3028

What is the VIN of this gas flap beauty?
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This thread has the capacity of being the best barn find ever! A running DeLorean for 4 grand???? Sure it needs work but it actually runs for 4k???

Word to the wise, don't push your luck. Don't run it anymore until you do some research on returning cars that have been parked to the road. That car will still need a LOOOOTTT of work!

And welcome!!
    Oh I didn't buy this forgotten baby (yet) my wife and I are figuring it into our budget and it would take aloooooot of $$$$ to get it ready to (Fly) again lol! What got me was why the hell did they paint it magenta? He said because it looked prettier! No!!

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Nice find. I echo the opinion on not running it long... or again until the system is cleaned out. At $4k its a buy anyway. Plus, the shed in the back is owned by a man who would give his life for his brother man. Can you dig it?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nice find.

Even if you don't buy it, please visit again and get the VIN so we can fill it in on the VINList
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Nice find.

Even if you don't buy it, please visit again and get the VIN so we can fill it in on the VINList
    Will do

Also just by looking at the pics how much do you think it would take to restore (ball park) ?

My VIN:    2706

That depends on your level of what you believe Restored is. I can tell you that if you look at my build thread I did most of the work myself and have well over 35 into my car. I also bought a barn find. Mine didn't run and I paid 10 grand for it but it was an excellent restoration candidate. I would say for 4 grand a running car is worth snatching up. You could do minor stuff to it and flip a profit if that's what your into. But be ware that even though it runs for 4 grand....itll need significantly more to be a driver. Especially if it's been outside like that. But hey I am all about it . Pretty much any car can be brought back from the dead. My car was definatly a lost car that would have been dead if it wasn't for me .

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Docbrown77 View Post
    Also just by looking at the pics how much do you think it would take to restore (ball park) ?

If I were buying it for myself I would ballpark 10-13k to make a decent looking driver and that's me doing most of the work myself cosmetically. I could be off a mile either way but I feel that number would give me a comfortable margin of error before making an offer. I am also factoring in that the panels are fixable and able to be returned to stainless. One trashed left fender could blow my estimate off quite a bit.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-12-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast