FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEW EVENT: DCF Tech Day on Saturday, October 1, 2016 in Oviedo, FL!!!

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytr1 View Post
    Good Morning,

I just recently joined the group and bought my first Delorean last month. I plan on attending the event also and would like to replace my rotors and pads unless I am able to get them done before then. Also if anybody can possibly give me some advice on fixing my AC. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Dan Shapiro
    Welcome to the club, Dan!

I look forward to meeting you. Dana and I can give you some A/C pointers as we are both preparing to redo ours. Be sure to send an email to [email protected] with your contact and car info so I can add you to our mailing list.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Welcome to the club, Dan!

I look forward to meeting you. Dana and I can give you some A/C pointers as we are both preparing to redo ours. Be sure to send an email to [email protected] with your contact and car info so I can add you to our mailing list.
    Does anyone in the group here need R-12 and have the ability to recover it? I've got probably around 2 lbs still in my car, but I've been wanting to convert to R-134a for a while so I can do my own service. I know that R-12 is not cheap and I'd happily give it away to whoever is able to capture and use it.

I'm planning on being at this event too. I'll probably bring a couple small projects but nothing is dire; if others need help, I'll do my best to lend a hand.

Yes please

Greetings DCF Members,

Now that Summer is on the way out and the Fall car shows are coming up fast, it's time to have another DCF Tech Day! We had a great turnout at the last one this past Spring, and adjusted a lot of torsion bars that day. This time, we're changing it up a bit.

Have you ever wondered what your car looked like underneath? Have you ever wanted to check or re-torque your TABs but weren't sure how to go about it? Do you have some small-ish jobs to do on your car that would be made 1000% simpler if you only had a lift? Well, my friends... for the first time in a good long while we're going to hold our Tech Day at an actual shop.

With a lift.

And a compressor.

Attachment 46255

Our friend Bruce Coulombe of Coulombe Enterprises LLC has graciously offered to host this DCF Tech Day at his shop in Oviedo, FL. For those of you not familiar with Central FL, it is located just East of the Orlando Metro area:

Attachment 46256
    https://goo.gl/maps/jKzSSbe1oGA2

Where:
    1293 County Road 426
    Suite 121
    Oviedo, FL 32765

When:
    10AM to 5PM

We are still working out food for the event, and we will post here once we figure that part out. I will bring my Torsion Bar rig (with new and improved hex bit) in case there are any door adjustments needed. We hope to see you guys there!

If you are able to attend, please reply in this thread to RSVP and be sure to include whatever work you would like to do on your car.

Attendance List so far:

Brandon S. (Morpheus) - weld Pivot Bolt nut, A/C work if possible
    Robert G. (DeLorean937) - Seat rails, Passenger mirror
    Maurice (Dutch) - CO adjustment, brake rattle
    Dana (DMC-81) - Torsion bars, door struts, TABs
    Dan S. (Dannytr1) - Brake rotos & pads
    Evan (Sladelorean) - Torsion bars
    Nick R. (Nicholas R) - odds & ends
    HI Brandon,

Please sign me up. This will be my first event. I can't wait to meet you guys! I don't have a DeLorean so I'll be watching learning. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Ghost View Post
    HI Brandon,

Please sign me up. This will be my first event. I can't wait to meet you guys! I don't have a DeLorean so I'll be watching learning. Thanks
    Sure thing. What's your name?
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

For lunch, we will be having subs and chips, water and gatorade will be available as well. If you would like to bring your own beverages, you are welcome to do so.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday at 10!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Cool

Sure thing. What's your name?
    Sorry it Jason Perez.

My VIN:    05017

I'm sorry to write this, but my vehicle is not ready for tech day. Having new weather stripping put in and final touches on the A/C. However, I will show up for the event anyways without my DeLorean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sladelorean View Post
    I'm sorry to write this, but my vehicle is not ready for tech day. Having new weather stripping put in and final touches on the A/C. However, I will show up for the event anyways without my DeLorean.
    That's fine, we'll see you there without your car!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    <2000

That's fine, we'll see you there without your car!
    Totally! This will be my 3rd Tech Day, but my first one where I'll actually be able to bring my car. I still have things to do as well, some door seals and seat covers, etc., but it's almost show ready.

Coming without your car is still really valuable. I learned lots during the first two and met some great people.

Car is dusted off and ready for the morning......
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    2734

Wish I could go, but committed to a Corvette show on 1 October in Kissimmee OldTown (October Vettefest). Will plan on seeing everyone at the Lakeland show on the 15th!

Brian Fox

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast