FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

My VIN:    5791

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Amazing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My VIN:    16185

Wow. Amazing work on this Delorean. Tons of talent poured into this thing. Great job!!!

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Just stumbled on the YT videos yesterday -this build is fantastic. That engine looks perfect in the bay, as you mentioned it would. That intake manifold is my favorite. I love the clean look and the OE-like design. Can't wait to see it completed!
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10201

This was linked on another thread and I'm also disappointed I missed this. Then i saw the title which really doesnt do the build justice. Not going to lie though, the LCAs don't match the rest of the massive amount of work. Custom Ferrari brakes and kw suspension followed by boxed in stock LCAs lol. I should probably reserve judgment until after David T though.

On a serious note, you had sold me on those kw coilover already. I even got some purple metallic powder for my brake calipers to match when j put those on. Also, do you just have an 80s dream car garage??

My VIN:    5999

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    This was linked on another thread and I'm also disappointed I missed this. Then i saw the title which really doesnt do the build justice. Not going to lie though, the LCAs don't match the rest of the massive amount of work. Custom Ferrari brakes and kw suspension followed by boxed in stock LCAs lol. I should probably reserve judgment until after David T though.

On a serious note, you had sold me on those kw coilover already. I even got some purple metallic powder for my brake calipers to match when j put those on. Also, do you just have an 80s dream car garage??
    You're not the only one that had the same thought about the stock LCAs, but the rest of the build is PHENOMENAL!

I know there is a lot of concern around the LCA because of 'the video'. But the design of the LCA, while not the best, is not bad ... if coilovers are used as there is no longer a spring connected directly to the LCA and the bushings aren't shot. The factory LCA is also fairly lightweight. So, aside from creating a tubular LCA with different mounting points this is a decent option with all things considered.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    I know there is a lot of concern around the LCA because of 'the video'. But the design of the LCA, while not the best, is not bad ... if coilovers are used as there is no longer a spring connected directly to the LCA and the bushings aren't shot. The factory LCA is also fairly lightweight. So, aside from creating a tubular LCA with different mounting points this is a decent option with all things considered.
    Nick, I strongly encourage you to reconsider. When I fabricated and installed outriggers on my LCA it made a world of difference. Not just under braking, but vibrations at speed, acceleration, and handling in general.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Nick, I strongly encourage you to reconsider. When I fabricated and installed outriggers on my LCA it made a world of difference. Not just under braking, but vibrations at speed, acceleration, and handling in general.
    I have to say, I agree with Josh. If I were to look back at every upgrade I've either made or seen on the market in the last 15 years, I would say that the highest value upgrade is the front LCA brackets. I am still always amazed at the difference when I hop into a car that doesn't have them.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I have to say, I agree with Josh. If I were to look back at every upgrade I've either made or seen on the market in the last 15 years, I would say that the highest value upgrade is the front LCA brackets. I am still always amazed at the difference when I hop into a car that doesn't have them.
    Noted. $400 I don't have, but noted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nd7MVPKDbA

Install looks pretty straightforward too, if not entirely trivial.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast