FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hehe...nice. You should shoot for 10k miles a year

Good that you had a situation free trip so far.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Hehe...nice. You should shoot for 10k miles a year

Good that you had a situation free trip so far.
    Theoretically possible if I get enough time off to go to a few events

Arches today. They were happy to see us... 20180611_155435.jpg

Our group split up so half of us could do the long trail to Delicate Arch and after that, my friend and I cruised around the rest of the park and got a few decent photo ops.

20180611_153516.jpg 20180611_155744.jpg 20180611_141811.jpg

It wasn't insanely hot out but it was warm enough that I wussed out and ran the a/c. The temperature stayed good even hauling up hills at 25mph in 2nd gear, but the fuel fumes were back with a vengeance. Once when I stopped after driving a while, my gas cap was hissing and sprayed some fuel when I loosened it. Maybe I just didn't have it all the way tight that time but I've noticed that if I push down on the metal flap in the filler neck, my finger comes away wet. Is this normal? When I fill it up it spills over if I don't hold the nozzle perpendicular to the windshield and pump slower than the lowest notch on the trigger lock. I thought that was just how they were but then I saw another buddy of mine fill his up like a normal car so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my filler.

Another thing, when I'm in 2nd or 3rd gear, I've been noticing a grinding or vibrating noise as I go through 2000 rpm while accelerating. I don't remember noticing it while driving normally at home but there's a lot of slowing down and speeding up driving around the parks. Hopefully this isn't a sign that anything important is about to go kaflooie...

Great shots..I'll have to blow one up and project it on a sheet and pretend mine's there...lol

Where ya headed next?

Thinkin' bout going to dcs2018 myself...but a lil pricey after figuring in the hotel, registration, flight, etc..so we'll see.

I wouldnt think you should have fuel that far up the filler neck...unless you just filled it and went nuts...hehe.
    Grinding is rarely a good noise...but you'll wanna ask a mechanic.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Good news, the noise was most likely just the exhaust shroud rattling, because one of the mounts had broken. The bolt was still there, just not actually holding on to anything. Still have the fuel smell to contend with so hopefully no disasters on the 110-mile no-services stretch tomorrow.

We went on some scenic drives today, out to Hole 'N the Rock...

20180612_093710.jpg

And along the scenic byway.

20180612_174700.jpg 20180612_171933.jpg
    20180612_191409.jpg

(Note: we're not actually defying gravity in that one pic.)

Tomorrow: Bryce Canyon. Hopefully we're not too wiped from getting there to go to the actual park...

Very nice shots...I think Speed Racer's Mach-5 can drive on walls like that for short stints...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Best time to see bryce canyon is right at sunrise, which comes pretty early this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Good news everyone, I'm not dead by the side of the road (yet).

20180613_115342.jpg
    We survived the 110- mile no-service stretch and made it to Bryce yesterday, and then drove up to the 9100' summit. You can't get as close to the really epic scenery with your car so I don't have as many interesting pix from this segment.

20180613_155907.jpg20180613_160023.jpg20180613_184248.jpg

I'd been lamenting that one of our would-be attendees had to drop out due to lack of seating after the first half and thinking I should have brought my CRX and let him take turns driving the D but something tells me it wouldn't have performed quite as well above 7000'.

We were up til the wee hours doing a stargazing tour at the park so we didn't make it over there for sunrise but we still dragged ourselves out by 10 am to go to Zion. They don't let cars through the scenic roads during the summer but the regular route through the park we pretty cool. The roads were too curvy to get many pix myself but my friend caught a couple with my phone.

20180614_120317.jpg20180614_115836.jpg20180614_120435.jpg

It was a lot more majestic than it looks here, lol.

Made it into St. George with no issues other than almost backing into my buddy's car while trying to find parking spaces by Zion. At least I'm setting a good example for our other buddy's daughter of what not to do...

We're currently theorizing that the fuel smell + filling issues are symptomatic of a bad vent tube in the evap system. Hopefully if I've made it this far it won't cause anything important to explode on the last leg.

Homeward bound tomorrow. Everybody cross your fingers for no disasters....

Very nice. How many of the cars going the other way nearly swerved into the wrong lane trying to get pics of the silver cars passing?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Very nice. How many of the cars going the other way nearly swerved into the wrong lane trying to get pics of the silver cars passing?
    At least one, LOL. When we were sitting in line waiting to go through the one-way tunnel in Zion, one of the other guys said they saw a truck pass us and end up on the yellow line as the driver gawked out the window.

Everybody made it home safe. Not too many interesting pics on the drive back. Here's one as we were leaving St. George...20180615_094333.jpg ... and one with some interesting clouds... 20180615_111022.jpg but I've driven this stretch a bunch of times going to and from Vegas and SoCal so there's probably not much along here we haven't seen before.

The fuel cap was hissing again when I got into the garage. At that point I'd driven about two hours/120 miles since my last fillup. Oddly the vapor smell wasn't as strong for most of the way. I may have topped it off more than I usually do b/c I couldn't believe it was only taking 5 gallons after I'd driven 160 miles.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I’ve gotten 30+ mpg in hot weather driving before and you couple that with your higher base elevations and its very possible. Less air density consumes less fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast