FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: All Wiring Schematics

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the radio and speaker connections? I bought a new deck today so the Craig is coming out. It might be on the full colour schematic somewhere but I can't seem to find what part of the drawing it's on.
    There's a basic one on page M:18:17 of the shop manual

Installing a new radio isn't that hard to do. You may find it more annoying to cut the HVAC/radio plate to accommodate the new unit (unless you bought a DIN plate).

There are two fused wires that power the unit; a light green with white stripe wire (only live when ignition is on) and a purple wire (always live). Your installation instructions will tell you where these need to be wired to your new harness. I left the fuses in place, even though the new deck will be fused in and of itself. A bit of extra insurance, I suppose.

The speaker wires are thin little things, unless they've been replaced in the past. Because you really should remove the center console to do your radio install, you will be able to trace each speaker's wire to identify them. If they are still original (wires and speakers) you may want to consider replacing them......no new deck sounds good with 17W speakers!

I can't remember; does your car have the fender mount antenna? If so, you'll have a wire or two in the new harness that you won't use. If you have or are moving to a rear power antenna, there's a "sense" wire that tells the antenna to raise or lower based on if the tuner is in use or not.

The new harness comes with its own ground. You'll see where the ground spot is with the console beneath (it's on the passenger side). The speaker wires will now hook directly to their respective places on the wiring harness as the instructions will describe.

Of course, disconnect your battery before you begin. Oh, and if you have an original headlight switch, have you considered adding a relay to the wiring to save it from meltdown?
    Last edited by Cory W; 03-10-2012 at 10:22 PM.

My VIN:    3299

Courtesy of John Hervey =D.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Somewhere, Welmoed posted a pinout of the original radio harness connector. That might also come in handy.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Perhaps a bit late, but here's the connector pinout (previously sent to be added to the schematics section).

I also include here the pinout of the side mirror switch (also previously entered).

Assume they were lost in the transition of the forum.
    Anyway here they are again (moderator: can you add them to the schematics section?)

Connectors - Mirror switch .jpg Connectors - Car to Craig radio.jpg
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

I had some more, but also missing some.
    Seems you can't download the ones on the first message of this thread, because they're inserted instead of attached.

Here is one I have.
    Attached Files
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    Seems you can't download the ones on the first message of this thread, because they're inserted instead of attached.
    With IE all you have to do is right-click one, then choose "Save picture as".

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    With IE all you have to do is right-click one, then choose "Save picture as".
    I know it's possible that way.
    However I only need one out of the many in that message.
    And precisely that is not possible (contrary to just picking a single attachment, which is possible).
    The one I'm looking for is the diagram of the GC electronics.

BTW: In that message I also do not find the bulkhead connector placement 'picture'.
    Should you have this bulkhead file, I love to get it (I believe it's called bulhead connectors and is a JPEG file).

Thanks,
    Welmoed.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

??? I can save them off individually (as above, try right clicking in the center of the pic).
    I have notice that occasionally I have to click a pic to make it larger, then click it again in the new window and it will open yet another window that you can save it from in higher rez.

Anyway, I put all of the GC stuff in its own thread HERE
    I can email them if it just don't work for you (PM me)

BulkheadConnectors2of2.jpg

BulkheadConnectors1of2.jpg
    Last edited by Ron; 04-25-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    ??? I can save them off individually (as above, try right clicking in the center of the pic).
    I have notice that occasionally I have to click a pic to make it larger, then click it again in the new window and it will open yet another window that you can save it from in higher rez.

Anyway, I put all of the GC stuff in its own thread HERE
    I can email them if it just don't work for you (PM me)

BulkheadConnectors2of2.jpg

BulkheadConnectors1of2.jpg
    Thanks, I got them.
    Not sure if you used the GC circuit board pics I took, so I added these to my reply.

GC Circuit side-w.jpg GC Component side-w.jpg
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast