FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NLA parts tracker

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Automatic Transmission Mounts were not available over 6 years ago when VIN 1662 needed one, but fortunately we were able to safely weld an old one back together. Has anyone re-manufactured them since then, or are they to be added to the NLA list too?

My VIN:    16409

Josh has been re-manufacturing almost every bracket in stainless for a while. He been re-introducing these NLA parts at prices lower than NOS.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I think this list is a little misleading; its just items that aren't available from DMCH in their online store, not parts that aren't available. Heck, DPI, Grady, DMCEU, and even SpecialTAuto have replacement parts for most of these parts. Just because they're not available in the DMCH online store doesn't mean they're not available.

I think this list should focus on things that are truly no longer available anywhere as a new part, which is a surprisingly small list (and getting smaller every day). The main ones I can think of are some interior pieces, and the left front fender.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I think this list is a little misleading; its just items that aren't available from DMCH in their online store, not parts that aren't available. Heck, DPI, Grady, DMCEU, and even SpecialTAuto have replacement parts for most of these parts. Just because they're not available in the DMCH online store doesn't mean they're not available.

I think this list should focus on things that are truly no longer available anywhere as a new part, which is a surprisingly small list (and getting smaller every day). The main ones I can think of are some interior pieces, and the left front fender.
    Sounds good Nick. That was what I had intended. Learning about where these parts can be found if under lesser known names or websites is part of it. The Houston webstore may be the default, but isn't the only, like you said. Not knowing where to get something if it is available, is still NLA to someone looking if it remains unknown.

How would we then go about sharing what parts are truly available (and where from and for how much) if they show as NLA on the Houston page?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    1710

I remember DMCH used to sell entire NOS seats (not just the seat covers). Haven't those been NLA for about a decade now? I guess new seats would need to be sourced; or existing used stock would have to be refurbished. Things like the passenger side knee pads and consoles have been gone for some time, too. I'd have to think remaking any of the NLA interior trim would be extremely cost prohibitive; hence why binnacles & such have never surfaced.
    Louie Golden

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Another thing worth mentioning is my lack of along with the other independents to accurately reflect what we offer. There is a lot available that is not publicly advertised.

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    With mention of the possibility of building new DeLoreans came the question of what the effect on NLA parts would be, or what other rare parts would then become NLA? Would Houston remake these NLA parts? What would it do to the part prices?

100823 - Steering column lock assembly (which includes the ignition key tumbler)
    A replacement lock cylinder crossing to a 1980 Rover SD1 (Rover Part # CRC3914) will bolt up to the DeLorean steering column; however, the key blank is different. Also the Rover plug is different and thus either the plug or the switch itself needs to be swapped out. I have verified that the Stock DMC ignition switch will attach to the Rover unit with zero modifications.

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Everyone needs one:
    Ski Rack
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Turn signal and wiper control stalks? I thought they were gone...
    OEM Dash Clocks.
    OEM Shift Knob

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Late auto shift panel display (red and green)?
    Consoles? (No clock)
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast