FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans on Display (AKA Museum DeLoreans)

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This car is listed in their For Sale section. Their "Cars On Display" section does not show it.

Noting the asking price is $55K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I read that LINQ website as meaning that they have a mix of cars-for-sale, and display-only-cars on their "showroom/display area".
    Both The Auto Collections @ Linq as well as Don Laughlin's Classic Car Collection @ The Riverside in Laughlin, NV (Haven't been there in 5 years, so I don't know if they still have a DMC-12 on display, but it was confirmed as of last June as still being there in the downstairs area) do actually possess dealer licenses to sell consignment cars. Though pretty much almost every single car "museum" out there does the same.

Now the thing about Linq's museum is that the do also have an exchange program with the National Automobile Museum in Reno, NV. In the late 80's-early 90's the gold AmEx car was on loan to the collection when it was under IP's ownership. Granted, yes. They will occasionally purge vehicles at auction, as I found out when I arrived literally 1 day too late to purchase a Yugo Cabrillo. But I don't think it'll be going anywhere soon, like the car in Laughlin (which when I can afford it after we get a house, I intend on buying that particular car) that has been sitting down there for at least 2 decades, and has indeed been for sale all this time.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    No, it's displayed at this museum : http://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/index.php ...
    Many thanks

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Many thanks
    It's all in the list pdf too.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

You're right, didn't think to check the listing before.

Need a spot of help:

Anyone recognize this location:

It may be vin 1731, or 2331 +/-1 depending on how literal the #1731 of 8300 built" comment is. The set looks too permenant for a car show

And what about this one:

I have seen hashtags of sandiego and wa, but it doesn't look like other photos from museums there that I have seen.
    Attached Images
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Need a spot of help:

<SNIP>

And what about this one:

http://sdautomuseum.org/exhibit/show-stoppers

On that first photo, I don't know if you have an original copy or not that might contain the EXIF with GPS coordinates. Apparently Apple removed the ability to pull that data on Preview with Yosemite (and it scrubs when exporting pictures too as a safety precaution), so I'll try this on another computer running Lion when I get a chance.
    Last edited by DMCVegas; 05-14-2015 at 01:30 PM.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

The exif data has been scrubbed from these files.
    Dermot

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Have you updated this for 2015?
    Here is the 2015 revision of the list (I think James is using it to drum up business ). It's now up to 92 cars in 21 US states and 20 countries, which is quite surprising

A few additions and deletions as well as filling in some of the ? on the previous revision.

I decided to add Proto 1 to the list as it is specifically on display at DMCF. While you can obviously see DeLoreans at any of the DMC franchises, this is a special one.

Also new to the US is one at the National Nuclear Museum of Science and History. Not quite sure what the link is there. :P

The biggest area of grown on the list is South America which has gone from 1 to 4 cars, mostly BTTF replicas not surprisingly, in Chile, Venezuela and Mexico (which isn’t technical in SA but I’m not starting a Central America section for just one car)

Again, thanks for the information and support.
    Attached Files
    Dermot

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Here is the 2015 revision of the list (I think James is using it to drum up business ). It's now up to 92 cars in 21 US states and 20 countries, which is quite surprising

A few additions and deletions as well as filling in some of the ? on the previous revision.

I decided to add Proto 1 to the list as it is specifically on display at DMCF. While you can obviously see DeLoreans at any of the DMC franchises, this is a special one.

Also new to the US is one at the National Nuclear Museum of Science and History. Not quite sure what the link is there. :P

The biggest area of grown on the list is South America which has gone from 1 to 4 cars, mostly BTTF replicas not surprisingly, in Chile, Venezuela and Mexico (which isn’t technical in SA but I’m not starting a Central America section for just one car)

Again, thanks for the information and support.
    Last time I checked, Mexico was in North America
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Last time I checked, Mexico was in North America
    Yes and no. On a purely continental basis it is (where there is only N and S America), but if you consider the area known as "Central America" as I was inferring, it is sometimes included in there.

But now that it is a major force in the DoDisplay list, I will work something out for the next revision . Let's not go down this particular OT rabbit hole
    Dermot

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast