FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2020) - Initial Planning

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I didn't notice the venue discussion when this was posted the first time. Very unfortunate to see Chicago is the likely location again. I know that's easiest on DMCMW and if that makes for a better overall show experience for everyone, then great. That said, 2016 in Springfield was fantastic. It would be very unlikely that I would attend a show in Chicago. I drive through there several times a year and have no desire to do so in the DMC. That might be my own personal fatigue weighing in a bit more than it should so your turnout may not be affected. Good luck.
    DCS will not be in Chicago for the same reasons it will not be at Cobo Hall in Detroit ... costs for union shops.

As I mentioned for Detroit Metro, the costs for facilities that are union shops are more expensive and those
    costs would need to be passed along to attendees. Nothing against union shops ... just stating the reality.

Most union shops also have very strict move in/out rules and I do not think most DeLorean owners will want
    others driving and parking their cars in the facility and drive out afterward. Again, just relaying the "rules".

If DCS 2020 is confirmed for the Chicago area, the event will be in the suburbs, not in downtown Chicago.
    While proximity to DMCMW is nice, if it happens, it is not a major deciding factor for any future DCS events.
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-15-2019 at 11:26 PM. Reason: fixed type-o

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I am excited to finally be planning to attend a DCS.
    Nothing confirmed yet, and we may not be able to confirm until later this Summer or Fall.

The DCS Planning Team is still waiting on negotiated event costs and facility availability.

Stay Tuned.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    - Facilities with union shops require their folks to do most everything involving move in/out and setup,
    and this increases costs. In addition, I do not think most owners will want to have someone else drive
    their cars in and out of a building due to specific move in/out rules (in most of the union shops)

- The only way the current DCS Planning Team will have an event in SE MI is to time the event around
    the same time as the Woodward Dream Cruise, and include many of the auto museums in Detroit area.
    This presents more logistics challenges, but the Team feels this would make it one of the best DCS ever.
    In Cobo Hall for the Autorama events years back I was allowed to drive cars in/out of the facility and basically do whatever we needed. Wonder if it wasn't union back then. I stopped attending/judging in 2009.

I agree about scheduling around WDC. Anyone who has not been there would certainly enjoy! I haven't missed one since it started in 1995.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    Between VINs

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    If DCS 2020 is confirmed for the Chicago area, the event will be in the suburbs, not in downtown Chicago.
    While proximity to DMCMW is nice, if it happens, it is not a major deciding factor for any future DCS events.
    This is a digression and may only apply to me for the most part and is not a reflection on your efforts and decision making processes. To get to Chicago from Pittsburgh or other points from the NE means a very long monotonous 8+ hour stare at I-80/90. And the reward when you're done is...Chicago. Because I make that drive a few times a year for work I was disappointed to see that 2020 looks like it's going to be in basically the same place it was in 2018, Greater Chicago. Again, putting on the best show to satisfy the greatest amount of people is the goal and I'm rooting for your success; just wanted to take a moment to explain the reason for my earlier comment.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

You mentioned SW Ohio as a possibility. I could probably make that but not Chicago. SW Ohio would be more centrally located in the eastern US.
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    You mentioned SW Ohio as a possibility. I could probably make that but not Chicago. SW Ohio would be more centrally located in the eastern US.
    Parts of SW Ohio were recently impacted by tornados on Memorial Day weekend,
    so location availability may become a possible issue for planning for DCS 2020.

Incidentally, there are several large wild-fires just West of Spokane and DOA Expo,
    with lots of smoke impacting the Spokane area. Hopefully the smoke will dissipate.

Progress on the new hotel next to the Expo Center near Chicago has been slow too,
    so finalized plans (if they happen) will be delayed until Fall.

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Id also like to attend my first Eastern DCS. I participated in and attended in 2009 in Las Vegas with my previous DeLorean.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Dare i bump this thread? Looking forward to a possible DCS 2020, wherever it may be.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I personally hope that DCS will be more South of Chicago at some point. Chicago is just so far north for folks in the South and it'd be great to find a happy middle ground
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Missouri would be good. That's a central location.
    Shannon

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast