FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Artwork... finally done!

My VIN:    6125

Very nice work... I'm considering buying a couple to hang in my empty hallway...

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Smile

Thanks for the kind feedback, folks. Feels good to have time to do my own artwork again... some of these were left half-baked for months, so I'm glad to have finally finished them.

@ Domi: The website that hosts my gallery handles all printing and shipping. I believe that they ship internationally, but you can email them to be certain.

I just added another piece (sorry, not a delorean; a Ford GT). I'm working on a companion piece to the one Domi referenced (http://society6.com/geoffombao/Delor...ter-Blue_Print) which will show the rear of the car. After that, I might do a Dino, a Miura, or another Mini. Gotta mix it up a bit... they can't be all Deloreans.

My VIN:    01955

Great artwork! Very Pop! Well done!

If I had a bigger garage wall, definately worthy for my DMC-Cave.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDMC12 View Post
    @ Domi: The website that hosts my gallery handles all printing and shipping. I believe that they ship internationally, but you can email them to be certain.
    All right, thank you for your answer.
    I will ask them, just to be sure.

Do you use a photograph as a base, and then highlight lines and such?

I've done just lineart work of a Levin photograph once. I should try that with a DeLorean... Those wheels will be the end of me... But this was my end result when it came to the Levin:

Done in 2007... Can't believe it has been that long since I've done something like that. Anyone want their favorite DeLorean picture done in lines? Shoot me a PM with a picture, and the first one will get it (it'll take me some time, but eh, free is free ne?)

Sorry for the highjack... I am just a sucker for drawings like that. I never got into coloring my lines.
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Do you use a photograph as a base, and then highlight lines and such?
    Neat drawing! Yes, what you described is, in principal, part of what I do. But it's a multi-step process:

I work from photos of cars that I shoot myself so I can get the dramatic angles that I like. Using "old school" paper & pencil, I create rough sketches of the piece's composition/setting/etc.

Next, I "build" the car in Adobe Illustrator. I take a lot of creative license to make colors, lines, surfaces, angles, etc. more dramatic/evocative. Using the rough sketches, I build the environment in which the car will reside. I then overlay the car onto the background and do further work to both. The resulting Illustrator file can be pretty complex... often ~30 layers, and >20 MB (pretty big for a vector graphics file).

Finally, I import the images into PhotoShop for more work that is not easily done in a vector program.

It's a lot of work tweaking every aspect of a piece, but really enjoyable. Often, I'll make a dozen or more variations of the same piece before selecting a "final". EX: The attached images are variations that I dropped in favor pieces that are in my gallery now.
    Delorean_Poster_Retro_Green.jpgDelorean_Poster_Retro_Red.jpg

Well, I just added a couple of more pieces to the collection... a rear view D to complement "Delorean - Retro Poster; Blue", and mew Mini).

http://society6.com/geoffombao/

Looking at my gallery, it's pretty skewed towards D's and Mini's. Clearly, I'm pretty passionate about these cars, but I think I'm gonna move on to another make for a bit... these cars are really fun subject matter, but I don't want to burn out on them.

Again, thanks for your interest and feedback. Now... time to stop being an artist, and get some much needed sleep!

Howdy... Just added a few more to the collection. A Ferrari Dino, and two more Deloreans (which I did in a more minimalistic style this time).

http://society6.com/geoffombao

A also added a bit of info in the "About" area, if anyone is interested.

Enjoy (I hope)! Again, feedback, questions, and comments are always welcome.

Oh... if you stop by my gallery and any of my pieces, please feel free to click on the "Facebook Like" button. A little more exposure is always appreciated!

Sorry to post so repeatedly!

All that stuff looks really good. I can do that stuff, too, although ever since my computer was upgraded, I've been doing my projects in my old Fireworks now and I don't have my CS2 installed again yet. Fireworks works almost the same though, so I am happy for that.

I am gonna have to get back to my DeLorean "Cars" projects when I can. Everything else has had my mind boggling, mostly rl stuff and making videos.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast