FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

Reading the threads

Marc is partially correct on me reading the posts. I do not get on much between shows but as the shows approach I do get on more often.

And yes I do take time to read each and every post.

to answer some of the questions

Yes I need help
    Mainly in the set up and tear down

Right now with Cliff being gone setting up the stage will be the biggest challenge with the electronics, cameras and just laying cable.
    Anyone that understands this stuff is surely welcome. I have not had to do this since Memphis (Pigeon Forge was set up by the convention center) The rest were done by cliff and his family, Mark Woudsma, Elliott, and Josh. So I am starting from level 1 again. I do have access to the equipment however.

I hope I can count on Video Bob as he usually does the overall video recording, Kevin for photos and Marc has been a great asset and although he was going to come and enjoy the show this time, its in his blood so he is helping again.

Jason Sharkey will also be helping with his crew but they have no experience in this type of show so extra hands will be appreciated.

I am looking at getting the registration streamlined and since the show should sell out before we leave for it, We may have most of the registration stuff done which would reduce the amount of people needed in registration. At some of the past shows we have had over 100 people register at the show making it difficult to move lines quickly due the amount of help we have. Last few shows we did a good job as we learned what not to do at Gettysburg.

Name tags again are on the list. If we can get registrations up and not have to do a bunch of stuff last minute we can take time to double print the name tags,
    Remember its not a direct image to do this as it has to be flipped so the sides match.

The raffle car is months ahead of where we were. As of this morning we have sold 84 tickets. Way beyond the 30 or so usually gone at this time. Room reservations are consistent but not ahead or behind averages of other shows.

Event registration begins officially today and thanks to those that found it and registered.

I like the idea of a volunteer list. This year the list will be completely different than in years past and I am going to have to manage the whole show this time vs sharing it with Cliff so your help is appreciated.

I will be on this forum more often now and Marc keeps me up on thing I miss so thanks Marc.

So please help me and register early and get your raffle tickets. We can speed up registration and make things easier on the help if we have all of that done a few days before the show.

Thanks for your support

Its your show

See you in Dayton

Ken

Raffle Cars

I too would like to get all the raffle cars together. They are all still running.

I have lost contact with the one in from Lexington but I think we can Get Jim Jeffers, Marty Lick and Shannon to come and its a matter of getting in contact with the person that bought Bill Millers car. I saw him in Chicago last year and asked him to come. So any help from all of you to motivate them to come is surely welcome.

We have given away 5 cars not bad.

And as of this morning I am going up to Dave Bauerle's in Delaware Ohio to pick up this years raffle car. It is running and it looks pretty good as is but it needs some additional cleaning and a good going over. Dave checked out the transmission and put in a new Governor as well so that the car is at its max performance. I will be driving it for the first time today. After a clean up I would like to find a nice home for it so that it can be used and displayed. Sitting in my building does not help it. We will use it In parades and special events and shows like usual. If I do a driving tour in the spring we will use it there as well.

I think that with the way the tickets are selling we may be sold out by April not May. We are over a month ahead of schedule. There is no reserve amount of tickets that have to be sold on this car. That has held sales down before since I said I had to sell 300 minimum tickets on previous raffle cars. That is not on the table for this car it will be raffled and I have no question that it will sell out.

www.deloreancarshow.com

Register now and be part of history.

Ken

Hotel rooms

Note on Hotel rooms

There are plenty of rooms at this point.
    If for some reason you have someone tell you there are no rooms let me know immediately
    Rooms usually don't sell out until Jan or Feb
    This time may be different.

Remember Vegas sold out, Memphis sold out.
    Chicago sold out, Orlando sold out.

Sell outs are not uncommon so please don't wait to register for a hotel even if you are not sure if you will make the show you can always cancel
    Cancellations are a lot less work for me than trying to find rooms that don't exist.

THIS SHOW WILL SELL OUT Hotel rooms probably by January some time.

thanks
    Ken

My VIN:    3299

Ken,

Jessica and I are ready to help you as time gets closer. Obviously, our schedules have been pretty hectic this year, but we'll do whatever we can to help - especially as the show gets very close. It'll have been since Pigeon Forge since I went to DCS, and it'll be Jessica's first one - so we both are very excited to come be part of this!

Let me know when you need us.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

You know I'll be there Ken. Planning on hitting the road Wednesday afternoon to be up Thursday Morning. Whatever running around has to happen, I'll be there to help. Can't wait!

Also I agree with the previous posts about trying to get a section just for engine swapped cars!

My VIN:    4519

On the registration form, there's a field to signup for membership: "Administrators, Delorean Car Show, Tester." It defaults to "No Membership."

What is the membership this field refers to?

Thanks

My VIN:    6514

Club(s):   (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

The driving tour on Friday....question....is it going to be a "group ride", as in arriving and departing at specific times, or is it just a drive on your own kinda thing? Thinking that with all there is to see and do this day, it would make more sense to do self-guided tours/arrive and leave when you want.
    The way it is stated on the website it sounded more like a "driving tour" as in a group ride.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Linkstate91 View Post
    On the registration form, there's a field to signup for membership: "Administrators, Delorean Car Show, Tester." It defaults to "No Membership."

What is the membership this field refers to?

Thanks
    I spoke to Ken & got the info I needed: I can disregard that field.

My VIN:    10442

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thanks for the reminder - I just signed up!

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by kkoncelik View Post
    There is no reserve amount of tickets that have to be sold on this car. That has held sales down before since I said I had to sell 300 minimum tickets on previous raffle cars. That is not on the table for this car it will be raffled and I have no question that it will sell out.

www.deloreancarshow.com

Register now and be part of history.

Ken
    Does anyone know how the raffle car gets funded? With 300 tickets, that's only 15K and I imagine someone is putting up a lot of cash in advance for the car, buying parts, and doing a lot of work.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast