FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is the DFW-DMC Delorean sales site a fraud?

My VIN:    2848

Is the DFW-DMC Delorean sales site a fraud?

It's been 3 weeks since I ordered a DeLorean stereo wiring harness from dfwdmc.com. I've emailed multiple times (there is no phone number) and nobody has let me know what is going on. Does anyone here know anything about this site? Is it fake? Any information would be appreciated.

Also does anybody know of someone else who sells a DeLorean harness for aftermarket stereos?

http://dfwdmc.com/store_parts.html
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    10686

I think that website is old, in dfw the group mainly lives through an email group or on here. Who runs it? No clue. I don't think it's fraudulent though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by txdmc View Post
    I think that website is old, in dfw the group mainly lives through an email group or on here. Who runs it? No clue. I don't think it's fraudulent though.

Hmmm. If the site is old but the group is still together why not remove the site? Something seems off here.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    10686

I'm not really sure why it's still up, I'm newer to owning a delorean. I just remember years ago when I was looking around for information that site was up

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    It's been 3 weeks since I ordered a DeLorean stereo wiring harness from dfwdmc.com. I've emailed multiple times (there is no phone number) and nobody has let me know what is going on. Does anyone here know anything about this site? Is it fake? Any information would be appreciated.

Also does anybody know of someone else who sells a DeLorean harness for aftermarket stereos?

http://dfwdmc.com/store_parts.html
    Just Google for Kubota RTV 9 Pin Radio Tractor Plug
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    Just Google for Kubota RTV 9 Pin Radio Tractor Plug
    You are awesome. Thank you!
    -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by txdmc View Post

I believe that site is owned/run by Video Bob. http://dfwdmc.com/. I think it used to be the Dallas/Fort Worth area club web-site, but morphed more into VB's prop-car business. Then, I think he switched his business over to FB, and may have abandoned the old site.

I have tried to contact VB a number of times in the past year or so to get the latest count of his BTTF conversions, but I haven't gotten a response. If anyone knows about any of Bob's latest BTTF cars, please chime in (for the record book, of course).

Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 06-30-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    5433

I had the same problem as I also needed a 9 pin radio plug.
    A bit research and I found it quit easily.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...Pin-Radio-Plug

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Be careful using that plug on a modern radio, it common-grounds all the speakers. Not enough wires.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Be careful using that plug on a modern radio, it common-grounds all the speakers. Not enough wires.
    So... Simplest method to wire a modern stereo in would be to use the plug for everything but 3 of the speaker grounds and then take the 3 speaker grounds from the delorean side and hard wire them together with the 3 negative ground wires coming out of my new stereo harness? Is that good or am I missing something?

Or do I need to run new ground wires to all my speakers then into the new stereo?

I'm a little confused.
    Last edited by Totally 80s; 07-05-2017 at 03:23 AM.
    -Alex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast