FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time machine...it has begun.

My VIN:    7122

I didn't forget about the little angle piece on the oil separator.
    I don't know if it's perfect yet but looks pretty good I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I would suggest roto-casting for the flux boxes and oil separators. You don't wan them to be solid - way too much weight.
    Also, The angle pieces on the oil separators are not solid. They are bent metal. as such I wouldn't try to cast them as part of the piece. I'll try to send you pics tonight.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I would suggest roto-casting for the flux boxes and oil separators. You don't wan them to be solid - way too much weight.
    Also, The angle pieces on the oil separators are not solid. They are bent metal. as such I wouldn't try to cast them as part of the piece. I'll try to send you pics tonight.

Cheers
    Steve
    I wonder how the Smooth-On Feather Lite product would work. https://www.smooth-on.com/products/feather-lite/

Quote Originally Posted by smcguiga View Post
    I wonder how the Smooth-On Feather Lite product would work. https://www.smooth-on.com/products/feather-lite/
    If you do a rotocast I understand smoothon's 65d or Onyx Black are a good choice.
    Check out this... http://www.tested.com/art/makers/575...t-prop-helmet/

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    4941

bttf- on the cheap...

I remember my Mom and her friends baking cookies every Christmas. One woman would just bake prune cookies....while another would do just macaroons... They would get together before Christmas and swap cookies.......so that they would all have a variety of cookie trays for Christmas. We need to get this same concept going for BTTF enthusiasts that don't have 50 grand to spend on a conversion. If we split up the work, and "mass produce " parts, it will make things easier for everyone. For example, the engine covers would be easy for me to make... I could even laser-cut them. Same for vents (If I had dimensions). Would anyone be interested in doing this as a joint project?

For the moment, I am looking to do exterior only....non-destructive.

I just got the light into the roentgens meter. It looks like the needles have to be cut so they don't slam into the light. Looking at the movie it looks like that's what they had to do. I still have to make the "EMPTY" label on the light.

Other than ordering a working TCD from Moretto, anyone have any info for putting this together? I know the parts from other forums but the actual "working" is looking pretty involved. I'm guessing programming and arduino is the best option. Anyone have some code or schematics to share??

As you can see here, I've got a good start on most of the internal parts.

Last edited by smcguiga; 04-15-2017 at 08:30 PM.

My VIN:    07000

I just got the light into the roentgens meter. It looks like the needles have to be cut so they don't slam into the light. Looking at the movie it looks like that's what they had to do. I still have to make the "EMPTY" label on the light.

Other than ordering a working TCD from Moretto, anyone have any info for putting this together? I know the parts from other forums but the actual "working" is looking pretty involved. I'm guessing programming and arduino is the best option. Anyone have some code or schematics to share??

As you can see here, I've got a good start on most of the internal parts.

What did you use for your empty light, and is your meter the standard (not very deep front) Simpson 2246 voltmeter that you put the new label in? I got the red LED pushbutton but it's way to tall and even after taking the black sides down to the base so the red lens is still covered, the cover doesn't go on all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    What did you use for your empty light, and is your meter the standard (not very deep front) Simpson 2246 voltmeter that you put the new label in? I got the red LED pushbutton but it's way to tall and even after taking the black sides down to the base so the red lens is still covered, the cover doesn't go on all the way.
    I was able to snag a real roentgens meter from eBay so I had plenty of room for the light.

My VIN:    07000

Oh that makes sense. Nice find too!

This is looking great.
    As far as time circuits goes, Gary Dunster in the UK has a pretty awesome center console setup he makes and sells. Check him out on Facebook.
    Joe Walser has said the dash readout is coming in mass production (as an alarm clock) and it's supposed to be very accurate and functional. No idea when we'll actually see it or how accurate it will be. Everyone remembers Bob Gale and the Hoverboard incident.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast