FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean makup ???

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I think the fact that DMCH is actively trying to protect the brand helps keep it as pure as possible, and the fact that their licensing activities adds revenue streams for a relatively small business is good news for longevity of the operation and resources to reproduce parts. All good news.

One of the cars I researched/considered for my restoration project was the Bricklin. Just on the availability of parts alone, I am glad that I settled on the DeLorean. I bought a lot of parts, and there was not one that I couldn't find.
    Not bad for a 37 year old orphan car.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I think the fact that DMCH is actively trying to protect the brand helps keep it as pure as possible, and the fact that their licensing activities adds revenue streams for a relatively small business is good news for longevity of the operation and resources to reproduce parts. All good news.
    This is something I never considered. I remember the last Star Wars movie the stupid branding was EVERYWHERE! Not just toys and clothes but Jedi toothbrushes, paper towels, ziplock bags, brand new cars with STAR WARS special edition badges and stickers. It definately took the shine off the movie and insured it's "here today gone tomorrow " fad status.
    I don't want the DeLorean to turn into a cheap ad trick which is why I never cared to see it in all those stupid scripted "reality shows". Instead of being a unique, mysterious once in a blue moon event, overnight it turned into "Yeah I saw that on TV last night when the guy got his taint kicked in".
    DMCH protecting the marque helps keep the brand out of places it doesn't really belong so next month you will not be walking by a McDonalds and see the new "Deloreanwich" in it's special collector's edition gull wing box.
    Too bad they didn't stop Nike from that abomination but like I said, money solves a lot of problems so maybe you will be sinking your teeth into a Deloreanwich if McDonalds pays the piper.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This is something I never considered. I remember the last Star Wars movie the stupid branding was EVERYWHERE! Not just toys and clothes but Jedi toothbrushes, paper towels, ziplock bags, brand new cars with STAR WARS special edition badges and stickers. It definately took the shine off the movie and insured it's "here today gone tomorrow " fad status.
    I don't want the DeLorean to turn into a cheap ad trick which is why I never cared to see it in all those stupid scripted "reality shows". Instead of being a unique, mysterious once in a blue moon event, overnight it turned into "Yeah I saw that on TV last night when the guy got his taint kicked in".
    DMCH protecting the marque helps keep the brand out of places it doesn't really belong so next month you will not be walking by a McDonalds and see the new "Deloreanwich" in it's special collector's edition gull wing box.
    Too bad they didn't stop Nike from that abomination but like I said, money solves a lot of problems so maybe you will be sinking your teeth into a Deloreanwich if McDonalds pays the piper.
    It begs the question what a "Delorean'wich" would look like.....Two stainless steel patties on a sesamie seed bun?
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    6125

...."Yeah I saw that on TV last night when the guy got his taint kicked in"...
    Is it sad that I immediately knew what show you were talking about? lol

https://youtu.be/UN9u1AFPvu4?t=1m54s

Last edited by Mark D; 05-10-2018 at 03:56 PM.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Is it sad that I immediately knew what show you were talking about? lol

https://youtu.be/UN9u1AFPvu4?t=1m54s
    O...M...G... Hilarious!!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

This argument can also be heard about song writers selling the rights to their songs for all kinds of products. Bottom line, if you pay enough just about anyone will let you do what you want. Remember Start Me Up to introduce one of the Windows versions? Money talks. Even the Rolling Stones can be bought and they don't need the money! It also keeps the owner of the rights in the public eye long afterwards. Just recently heard a commercial with the song Simply Irresistible.
    Not too long ago there was a car commercial with Rapture by Blondi in it. DMCH recently paid Sally Delorean for rights so now they have to make money on them to justify the expense. Now she is going after Universal and DMCH for more. This is nothing new, JZD promoted all kinds of stuff too. There are all kinds of ads he was featured in "Back in the Day" including liqueur and I think cigars. When DMCH "protects the Marque" what they mean is no one uses it without paying them for it!
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Between VINs

Win95 for the Start Me Up promo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2