FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 879 of 920 FirstFirst ... 379 779 829 869 877 878 879 880 881 889 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4665

After seeing Luke's thread a week or so ago about losing his water-alt V belt mid-trip, I replaced both of my V belts as I only knew they were at least 5 years old at this point.

Neither looked old or worn...but it is a small investment for piece-of-mind.

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    After seeing Luke's thread a week or so ago about losing his water-alt V belt mid-trip, I replaced both of my V belts as I only knew they were at least 5 years old at this point.

Neither looked old or worn...but it is a small investment for piece-of-mind.
    I would throw the old ones in the trunk. They could get you out of a bind in a pinch. (Unless you have a new set allready in the trunk)

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I would throw the old ones in the trunk. They could get you out of a bind in a pinch. (Unless you have a new set allready in the trunk)
    That's what I'm doing LOL. Have two old spare belts in the jack storage area now, plus a new $3 just-in-case AC belt.

I also built an improvised WP/ALT belt quick changer using an off the shelf universal $15 heim tensioner & and old pinball machine part (a chunk of a stainless lockdown bar)

Now I'm working on a top-side AC belt tensioner using some Jeep parts. The original bottom side tensioner bolt mechansim is gone, had to be hacksawed off. "Turbo car problems"
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    That's what I'm doing LOL. Have two old spare belts in the jack storage area now, plus a new $3 just-in-case AC belt.

I also built an improvised WP/ALT belt quick changer using an off the shelf universal $15 heim tensioner & and old pinball machine part (a chunk of a stainless lockdown bar)

Now I'm working on a top-side AC belt tensioner using some Jeep parts. The original bottom side tensioner bolt mechansim is gone, had to be hacksawed off. "Turbo car problems"
    Old belts already stashed in the bonnet. I've wrote down all the tools I used; socket and wrench sizes to build a travel tool kit especially for this task. I already had the DriveStainless tensioner on the car from my Alt replacement 2 years ago.

My VIN:    10270

I run a standard single 2" ear GM alt rather than the Saturn/Cadillac 2-ear design, so had to make something custom. The Drive Stainless tensioner wasn't quite in the right position to work with this case style.

https://imgur.com/5WYk1bR

Super easy access and a single adjustable wrench is all that's needed. Loosen alternator ear lock nut, loosen tensioner lock nut, spin tensioner, remove belt.

(it's time to repaint that muffler bracket)
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    5591

Yesterday I replaced the washer fluid nozzle. It works but I will need to figure out how to adjust its aim. It's.... inaccurate. 😆

I also reseated the connector to the hazard switch. I apparently dislodged it when rebuilding my mode switch, which intermittently cut out my turn signal. Luckily I was able to get my hand back there to do this instead of spending 3-hours removing the center console again.

My VIN:    4328

After coming home from a car show I figured I'd check under the car to see how everything was doing since I had been on a few longer trips recently. I found the passenger side steering rack boot torn off completely at the first rib closest to the tie rod end. I had replaced the driver side over the past winter when I had found that one to be torn. I had purchased the kit from Delorean Go so I already had the boot for the passenger side ready to go. Swapped the boots in about 15 minutes and called it a day!

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Finally got around to installing the DM dome light dimmer relay. This was a bit of a challenge - you have to remove all the relays access pins, and on my car the purple wire
    was bound up really tight with the bundle - who ever installed the wiring did quite the job. I ended up splicing on the left side instead.

Anyway, this was worthwhile to check all the connections and sockets and fuses, and all working OK. The passenger side door plunger is inoperative, which
    I had forgotten about, and will need to check, but driver side, the lights correctly dim with LEDs after 20 seconds.

I've got DPI fans coming today, so that's the next big job. I don't really recommend working on 2 cars at once, but needs must.

My VIN:    5591

The Summer of 5591's long-deferred work is finally over. Good lord I have an 8-page long invoice from my mechanic with all the work done for the past 4 months along with a tab to match. But... she's what I call "road reliable" where I feel confident I won't get stranded. Today was the final piece: getting DeloreanGo's brake master cylinder installed. Basically my entire brake system has been re-done minus the actual calipers themselves (I had them rebuilt w/ the DMCH kit), the A/C system completely emptied & drained then filled with 134, and re-grounding the entire car's electrical.

So this may not be what "I" did to my car, but it's what's been needed to be done by hands much more qualified than mine. I'm glad to get it back in time to enjoy the tail end of the season. Now to put some miles on her!
    Last edited by MacStainless; 09-10-2021 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hehe yeah, I'm getting close to hauling mine up to Toby to do the work I'm not at all comfortable or qualified to do...and will prolly have an invoice at least that long...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 879 of 920 FirstFirst ... 379 779 829 869 877 878 879 880 881 889 ... LastLast