FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Just got my project DeLorean....

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBiggerstaff View Post
    Hi All,

I posted a while back saying I was on the hunt for a 'project' DeLorean under $15,000 for importation to New Zealand, and she just arrived on Friday!

Vin# 10985 was on the Beverly Hills Car Club website for $14k, I managed to get them down to $13K. They were very good to deal with, as were my shipping company Extreme Global.

Rather than go though the whole list of all the issues, I have put a video up here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQc8XTraFNY

As you can see she's going to be a huge project, but if Dave Stragand can build Project Vixen out of all those parts, I think I can get 10985 looking fairly decent with enough time and money!
    ... and just over two years later ... nice article, Peter. Keep up the good work.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8443...nmost-delorean

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    ... and just over two years later ... nice article, Peter. Keep up the good work.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8443...nmost-delorean

I'm a big fan of Peter's....I remember when he first posted this and I could see how committed he is. He's clearly a determined guy...very inspiring.

The car doesn't run & drive yet, but he's totally living the dream....I love it!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I don't think they are shady at all. They photograph everything and make basic factual statements (and spare us the usual page long description of JZD and DMCL that other sellers think potential buyers need to know). I note that this particular ad even omits their usual "mechanically sound".

And according to buyers of their fine automobiles they will answer questions and take additional photos as necessary.

Sure their prices are high for what's on offer, but they are not forcing anyone to buy them, and they are negotiable, presumably moreso after the car has sat for a while. Even that car with effectively no frame and the four wheels pointed in different directions has sold recently.

But as with any used (or new) car purchase - buyer beware. Do your research and take a test drive if possible.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I don't think they are shady at all. They photograph everything and make basic factual statements (and spare us the usual page long description of JZD and DMCL that other sellers think potential buyers need to know). I note that this particular ad even omits their usual "mechanically sound".

And according to buyers of their fine automobiles they will answer questions and take additional photos as necessary.

Sure their prices are high for what's on offer, but they are not forcing anyone to buy them, and they are negotiable, presumably moreso after the car has sat for a while. Even that car with effectively no frame and the four wheels pointed in different directions has sold recently.

But as with any used (or new) car purchase - buyer beware. Do your research and take a test drive if possible.
    Dermot this is an old thread. Did you mean to post here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

SOAB.

That was supposed to be in the BHcC thread. How did that happen ?!

Thanks for pointing it out. I was wondering what happened to my post.

This new fangled internet, etc etc.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4