FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: My Stewardship of 10439

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Was parsing through the binder of receipts the car came with. Found a bunch of scans of old titles going back to 1992, and also this picture:

The snapshot was captioned "#1 Owner Bob Cleary" and has a southeast Ohio are code. I googled the number and found a couple of ads for an airplane and hot air balloons, seems like the guy has had an interesting life.

If figure this shot is either from the 1992 sale to the second owner (at about 11,000 miles) or when he first got it in 1982. Not sure.
    Quite possibly one of the more interesting "historical" D pics I have seen yet. It seems to tell a story which very few vintage DeLorean photos do.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I think this picture came also in an old DW magazine.

It belongs on a Jones Soda bottle for sure.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Quite possibly one of the more interesting "historical" D pics I have seen yet. It seems to tell a story which very few vintage DeLorean photos do.
    Wow, great photograph is right! That is fantastic.

Reminds me a little of the chicken painting (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?31...w-some-history) or some kind of similar inspiration.

The black and white really helps imply there's a story to be told here. Almost like that one of the steel workers up on the beam having their lunch while building a skyscraper in New York city decades ago. Cool.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Stunning looking car man, I don't know why but I really like that first pic in the garage. I guess I just never see one dirty and it still looks so good!!
    You've love mine then; haven't washed it in probably two years.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    You've love mine then; haven't washed it in probably two years.
    Nah. The line between "use" and "neglect" is easy to draw.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Was parsing through the binder of receipts the car came with. Found a bunch of scans of old titles going back to 1992, and also this picture:

The snapshot was captioned "#1 Owner Bob Cleary" and has a southeast Ohio are code. I googled the number and found a couple of ads for an airplane and hot air balloons, seems like the guy has had an interesting life.

If figure this shot is either from the 1992 sale to the second owner (at about 11,000 miles) or when he first got it in 1982. Not sure.
    It looks to me like Bob is holding a map, asking the older dude for directions.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Nah. The line between "use" and "neglect" is easy to draw.
    I dusted off the dash last week.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    Between VINs

I'm not terribly worried about this, but I figured I'd run it by the forum as I'm curious more about *why* it happened rather than what I need to do about it. We got 3-6" of snow today and the car is safely tucked in the garage. It's not like I'm going to drive it any time soon. It's not even titled and registered yet.

Went to the garage to get the snowblower this morning and found this:

pisser.jpg

coolandpuddle.jpg

coolantdrop.jpg

Looks like a small but significant quantity of coolant. It's clear but really slick/greasy to the touch and if it were water it would've evaporated by now.

Looking through the receipts I can't find many coolant hoses that were upgraded or replaced so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an old tube or clamp somewhere.

The variable that concerns me is that I haven't driven the car (or turned over the motor) since January 1st. The only thing even closely related to coolant that I did was while I was in the cabin working on a dome light problem (front dome light doesn't operate automatically with door open, rear does and then delays-off).
    I noticed that after driving it last I left the climate control in the Heater setting. I went ahead and spun the dial all the way around to 'exercise' it and left it in the Off setting. The next day I come out to the garage to find a coolant puddle.

Any idea where the first place to look is? Not sure if I should be looking at hose fittings or an AC/Heater component. My guess is the leak could've originated anywhere and pooled there because that was the lowest point the coolant could get to before falling off.

I'll probably end up buying one of those silicone hose kits and swapping out all the hoses in the system this spring as a general precaution, I'm just worried there is a heater valve or something that is also broke.

I just bought all the parts for a speedometer project I'm doing next so I doubt I'll tackle this coolant issue immediately unless the puddle gets worse.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Jack the car up (I noticed you have jackstands) and look for any spots that are damp, wet, or stained. You can try tightening up the hose clamps but the best way to fix leaks is to take the joints apart, clean then up, and replace the hoses and clamps especially if everything is old/original. Temperature changes can make the joints leak.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast