FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Not your average DeLorean for sale...DMC 1200C

My VIN:    6585

HA! Don't think that I haven't thought about that though!

I've seen some quotes online of about $4K just for treads alone. And you'd need to have the rubber ones installed for desert use. The metal ones are meant to pierce the snow and ice to grip. You *might* get them to work in sand, but in Vegas theres just too much rocks, debris, and caliche that would just bend the treads and tear them up. Even then that's not a guarantee that the caliche won't shred the rubber treads since they're still meant for sand, mud, and tundra. Plus there're just so damn wide. It's not meant for trail riding. You'd have to either have a ranch or head down to Glamis, a public beach that allows motor vehicles, or someplace with sand dunes.

I suppose I could justify an LMC tug and tell myself that perhaps one day I'll have something really heavy that I'll need to push around. But a snow cat? I'd have to be like Hunter S. Thompson in Colorado somewhere with a ranch or somewhere in a tiny town where I need to be mobile in a blizzard, or at least have tons of vacant land to tear ass across.

BTW, here's a really nice one up on eBay right now:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-LMC-180...-/201035769378
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    HA! Don't think that I haven't thought about that though!

I've seen some quotes online of about $4K just for treads alone. And you'd need to have the rubber ones installed for desert use. The metal ones are meant to pierce the snow and ice to grip. You *might* get them to work in sand, but in Vegas theres just too much rocks, debris, and caliche that would just bend the treads and tear them up. Even then that's not a guarantee that the caliche won't shred the rubber treads since they're still meant for sand, mud, and tundra. Plus there're just so damn wide. It's not meant for trail riding. You'd have to either have a ranch or head down to Glamis, a public beach that allows motor vehicles, or someplace with sand dunes.

I suppose I could justify an LMC tug and tell myself that perhaps one day I'll have something really heavy that I'll need to push around. But a snow cat? I'd have to be like Hunter S. Thompson in Colorado somewhere with a ranch or somewhere in a tiny town where I need to be mobile in a blizzard, or at least have tons of vacant land to tear ass across.

BTW, here's a really nice one up on eBay right now:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-LMC-180...-/201035769378
    If you do get your DeLorean sandcrawler and come back here to Las Vegas, I'll be here wanting to see it.. Either that or I just want to see a DMC-12, so bring that too..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    If you do get your DeLorean sandcrawler and come back here to Las Vegas, I'll be here wanting to see it.. Either that or I just want to see a DMC-12, so bring that too..lol
    Will do. Though the DMC-12 is still in Vegas, patiently waiting in an anonymous storage unit...
    Robert

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Will do. Though the DMC-12 is still in Vegas, patiently waiting in an anonymous storage unit...
    You left it just sitting in a storage unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    You left it just sitting in a storage unit?
    Yes. Spare parts and all.

Robert

My VIN:    2678

Location of DMC / Logan Division

Hi,

here is some more information about the DeLorean Manufacturing Company / Logan Division. At least I suppose it is.
    Attached is an aerial photograph that came from the DMC records described as unknown location. On the back there is a note June '80. Using Google Maps, this could be identified as an area located near the airport of Logan / Utah. So I suppose this is something related to the Logan Division of the DeLorean Manufacturing Company. The third image is (C) Google Maps 2016 and shows the same area nowadays. All the buildings have disappeared.
    The second image is a detailed scan of the photograph. That could be the snow plow trucks they produced.
    Someone here from the Logan area who knows more about the LMC located in Logan?

Kind regards
    Peter
    Attached Images
    Always a filled fuel tank.

That is indeed the former site of LMC, yes. Near the airport, and at the corner of Main & W 2500.

Logan may *possibly* have been under the DMC corporate umbrella at one time, but the corresponding DMC logos during it's time do not match perfectly with DMC. Soon after this brief period, control was apparently shifted over to "Christina" (company, not the ex-wife. unknown if Christina Industries from Nevada or Christina Corp. in Utah, or even both. JZD kept changing organization names) and taken away from DMC. Thus it became a personal asset of JZD and not DMC. Thus it was not lost in bankruptcy, and became JZD's source of income for the years to follow. Control for it was managed buy a convoluted series of corporations.

It would appear not all was well with the company, and once sold the sale itself became the subject of a lawsuit. Which also corroborated a story I was told years before by a former worker at the site. To put it gently, wealth was extracted from LMC without any reinvestment.

If you're curious to know more, click here. I'm not going to lie though, that story doesn't have a happy ending.
    Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2