FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans on Display (AKA Museum DeLoreans)

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Interesting article on the Miami Super car Rooms

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...330-story.html

Not sure I could answer those two sample questions and become a member
    It's an interesting concept, but yeah, I don't think I could get those questions either. Especially when they seem to be trick questions like that that have no definitive answers.

On a side note, once I get a garage, I'll hang a sign that says, Restauran de Bon Foodeux above the garage door, and I'll gladly let six of you at a time eat in my garage for $3,000. Complementary Boone's Farm & Pabst Blue Ribbon. Choose what you want from my artisinal menu:

Entrees

La Nouille du Triomphe
    A meal of pure bliss and flavor - a delicious plate of ramen noodles boiled in the purest of water. Noodles can be flavored with either chicken or beef seasoning.

Le Repas du Fromage Délicieux

A mouthwatering bowl of easy mac cooked to perfection in a microwave. Served with a side of peanut M&Ms.

Le Repas de la Faim de Grande Personne
    A delectably and savory microwaved TV dinner. The dish comes with two pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, freshly grown vegetables and a satisfying brownie that is heated to absolute perfection.

Le Sandwich Rouge
    A truly phenominal sandwich consisting of ketchup spread over a carefully microwaved piece of bread, and then topped with another piece of bread. Comes with a side of mayonnaise for dipping.

Dessert

Le Plat du Lait et de la Céréale
    A satisfying end to your meal, this dessert consists of a bowl of fruit loops served with either skim or 2% milk. Milk can be substituted with water for those on a diet.

La Pâtisserie Bourrée

Individually wrapped twinkies that have been microwaved to sheer delight.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    The first DeLorean I ever saw was the one at the Volo Museum. I've seen it two or three times but this was before I discovered that the DeLorean community is apparently very proud of their VIN so I didn't catch it.

They were raffling off this car this year. If the Cubs won some lucky patron would have won the car. Since they lost the prize was the hover board. I believe someone in Australia won.

Attachment 38713Attachment 38714Attachment 38715Attachment 38716Attachment 38717
    Recently took a visitor to the museum and used the opportunity to snap a picture of the VIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    4519

Vin 7004

7004 at the Northeast Classic Car Museum in Norwich, NY:

DSC07225.jpgDSC07227.jpgDSC07228.jpg

My VIN:    Between VINs

I searched the thread but didn't see this one.

The Automobile Gallery in Green Bay, WI.
    http://www.theautomobilegallery.org/

Really awesome place, actually. All the cars in the facility are driveable but they're presented basically as art pieces.
    The DMC is VIN 2285 (Automatic, black interior) and you're encouraged to sit in the car and take pictures. The owner of the facility and the car just wanders around and greets people, he goes by "Red" and was a really cool guy. He didn't mind that I popped open the engine bay and poked around to see what has and hasn't been done.

ag-vin.jpgag.jpg

It's the only DMC I've ever sat in, which I'm grateful for as you can see I barely fit. (There are other pics of me with the door closed if there are any doubters) The pedal box was pretty tight with motorcycle riding boots, though.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Thanks for the update. Added to the list.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10904

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Also new to the US is one at the National Nuclear Museum of Science and History. Not quite sure what the link is there. :P
    Again, thanks for the information and support.
    I just visited this museum today and snapped some pictures. I had no idea this was there. One of the museum workers said it was donated by somebody up in Los Alamos. Well, I am one of three owners in Los Alamos, and I know for sure this isn't the '83 belonging to my buddy Paul (his plate is PLUTNUM). Guy #3 in Los Alamos did have an 81 but I don't remember if he had a gas flap or not. The one at the museum is a grooved hood, no flap. Nor is it my flat hood '82.

Vin 05002 puts it at October 1981 -two months before mine was built.

-Bob

20160813_105448.jpg 20160813_113723.jpg 20160813_113736.jpg 20160813_113755.jpg 20160813_113807.jpg
    Last edited by rdarlington; 08-14-2016 at 02:21 AM.

My VIN:    10904

Quote Originally Posted by rdarlington View Post
    I just visited this museum today and snapped some pictures. I had no idea this was there. One of the museum workers said it was donated by somebody up in Los Alamos. Well, I am one of three owners in Los Alamos, and I know for sure this isn't the '83 belonging to my buddy Paul (his plate is PLUTNUM). Guy #3 in Los Alamos did have an 81 but I don't remember if he had a gas flap or not. The one at the museum is a grooved hood, no flap. Nor is it my flat hood '82.

Vin 05002 puts it at October 1981 -two months before mine was built.

-Bob

20160813_105448.jpg 20160813_113723.jpg 20160813_113736.jpg 20160813_113755.jpg 20160813_113807.jpg
    Apparently it was donated by a guy in Albuquerque, Alan Trepanier, last summer.

https://www.facebook.com/alanjay.trepanier

My VIN:    04610

Anybody has more information about this one?

http://www.egeskov.dk/en/classic_sportscars

It's in a Classic Car Collection in Denmark ...

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Thanks for the tip Andy

I added it to the list and sent them an email asking for some more info
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Anybody has more information about this one?

http://www.egeskov.dk/en/classic_sportscars

It's in a Classic Car Collection in Denmark ...
    They really could have been bothered to clean the thing before taking photos of it AND making it the site's banner image. Sheesh.
    - Chris

what

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast