FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Reassembling 4728...need assistance.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    unless its not going all the way up, I'd expect it to be jamming with it that far off.

Make sure the track is bolted to the grab handle bracket inside the door..it might pushing down a bit if its not.
    Ill take a pic of where I'm talking here in a bit so you can see where I mean.
    Sounds good, thanks.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    This is my drivers window in the fully-closed position, can this gap be fixed by adjusting?

Attachment 50522
    Probably not fixable by adjustment. The likely cause is that the carrier bracket has moved so far back on the drop glass that the glass now sits too far forward on the carrier. Either that or the carrier guides have come off one or both of the tracks but in that case the glass usually tips inward and doesn't hit the upper felt track where it should.

First make sure your drop glass is properly on both of the tracks. By looking at both of the guides inside the door.

To check the carrier-to-glass position refer to Post #3 from Dave in this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9909

I eventually re-did both of my drop glass carrier bonds as Dave instructs. The drop glass front-rear position was like new again. Take your time on that job.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Probably not fixable by adjustment. The likely cause is that the carrier bracket has moved so far back on the drop glass that the glass now sits too far forward on the carrier. Either that or the carrier guides have come off one or both of the tracks but in that case the glass usually tips inward and doesn't hit the upper felt track where it should.

First make sure your drop glass is properly on both of the tracks. By looking at both of the guides inside the door.

To check the carrier-to-glass position refer to Post #3 from Dave in this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9909

I eventually re-did both of my drop glass carrier bonds as Dave instructs. The drop glass front-rear position was like new again. Take your time on that job.

Excellent info, thanks Rich.

I think you called it correctly as the glass being forward in the carrier....makes the most sense.

I'm now trying to recall the steps I took the last time I removed a drop glass. I hate to add one more thing to the list before the DMA event this month, but this one is pretty important (and the door panels are currently removed.)

Here's something I fixed recently that I hadn't yet posted:

IMG_4058.jpg

I suppose this could've been a contributing factor.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Here is where Im talking about...one bolt holds the rail of the window thing to the bracket that holds the grab handle.

20170406_230323.jpg

Looks like you have the old one, so it might look a little different there.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    3937

Here's something I fixed recently that I hadn't yet posted:

IMG_4058.jpg

I suppose this could've been a contributing factor.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, but you realize this is your problem with the glass not going all the way up, yes?

Like I mean if you don't have the window regulator bolted into that bracket correctly, it sits too low and thus the full travel for the drop glass from that lowered starting point means it finishes short.

Again, don't mean to be an a$$ if you already knew that, just wasn't sure, so thought I'd mention it.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, but you realize this is your problem with the glass not going all the way up, yes?

Like I mean if you don't have the window regulator bolted into that bracket correctly, it sits too low and thus the full travel for the drop glass from that lowered starting point means it finishes short.

Again, don't mean to be an a$$ if you already knew that, just wasn't sure, so thought I'd mention it.

LOL....no, not being sarcastic.

I thought/expected that was the trouble, I bolted the regulator into the bracket a few weeks ago....no change to the window. I'm going to remove the drop glass and determine if it's in the carrier properly.

Thanks man! :-)

Haha, no worries.

Here's a pic of mine, the regulator in that bracket anyway. It has the rounded part pretty much centred in the hole.

I can see how one of the guides not being firmly held could cause it not to go up all the way. I know how hard it was fumbling with my own drop glass sections trying to get them back in the door when I had them out a couple seasons ago. Nice thing about having the interior panels off is you can operate the windows while seeing the mechanism and perhaps notice where the issue is.

IMG_4649.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Haha, no worries.

Here's a pic of mine, the regulator in that bracket anyway. It has the rounded part pretty much centred in the hole.

I can see how one of the guides not being firmly held could cause it not to go up all the way. I know how hard it was fumbling with my own drop glass sections trying to get them back in the door when I had them out a couple seasons ago. Nice thing about having the interior panels off is you can operate the windows while seeing the mechanism and perhaps notice where the issue is.

IMG_4649.jpg

I see you're missing at least one screw on yours....possibly it's a common issue.

Here's mine after I fixed it:

IMG_4277.jpg

My window goes up all the way to the top, just has a gap at the rear. I'll probably have it out today and will post pics. Hopefully an easy fix!

I see you're missing at least one screw on yours....possibly it's a common issue.
    Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place.

lol. Let us know how it goes when you get looking into it.

Would someone please post pics that show the assembly of the glovebox catch? I think there's two pieces that screw together and bolt to the glovebox frame....I'm not sure how those pieces go together (the part that the lid catches on.)
    Thanks!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast