FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean to Be Raffled on May 5 in Houston

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Delorean to Be Raffled on May 5 in Houston

There will be a Delorean that will be raffled off on May 5th in Houston. This raffle is to benefit Nora's Home, a non-profit organization set up to help families who come to the Houston medical center involved with transplants. Nora's House provides housing, transportation, parking and other services for families. The Delorean was donated to help raise finds for this charity. Their website is www.norashome.org.

The Delorean is a gray automatic 1981 with a Stage II engine with 39,000 miles. The car has been upgraded and was recently serviced at DMC in Houston.

Tickets are $50 each. They can be purchased online at https://app.etapestry.com/onlineform...017raffle.html.

You don't have to be present to win.

Shannon

IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1251.jpgIMG_1256.jpgIMG_1255.jpgIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1250.jpg
    Shannon

My VIN:    04688

Hello Shannon,
    Do you know if there is a maximum (or minimum) amount of tickets sold?

Thanks!
    Larry

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Larry and others interested,

The DCS Planning Team was contacted in 2016 by the folks from Nora's House, asking about how to raffle a DeLorean for their charity.
    Although I do not know all the final details, Tony Swann walked them through the process and as you may have noticed, set the ticket price.

Since the DeLorean was donated to Nora's House, their is no "initial cost" that needed to be considered for this raffle and they debated about
    whether or not to do a raffle or send the car to an auction. It was decided they would do the raffle, to try to maximize the amount of funds.

As a side note, this has made things a little more difficult for the DCS Planning Team to raise funds for a possible DCS 2018 event, since it can
    be a challenge to have multiple DeLorean Raffle Cars (their ticket sales) available around the same time, so no 2017 DCS Raffle Car (for now).

We wish Nora's House all the best with their DeLorean Raffle Car contest this Spring, and we hope they can maximize their raffle ticket sales.

Thanks,
    DCS Planning Team

Quote Originally Posted by tianlung4028 View Post
    Hello Shannon,
    Do you know if there is a maximum (or minimum) amount of tickets sold?

Thanks!
    Larry

Yes they have a limit of 1,000 tickets.

I stumbled across them in a surprising way. Sunday I was having lunch with another couple. My wife says to me. "Look there is a Delorean". The car pulled up in front of the place where we were at and so I went out to introduce myself. As it turned out, they were very glad to meet me as they did not know much about the car. I got he information about the raffle and posted it on the forums. I believe they just got the car so the raffle is still in the early stages.
    Shannon

Just a reminder to everyone that the raffle is soon approaching. Don't forget to purchase your ticket(s).
    Shannon

baldwinsusa
    Anyone know who won?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Shane Duckworth in OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tianlung4028 View Post
    Shane Duckworth in OK.

Sadly from my understanding, the DeLorean he won has over 6k worth of work needing done to it to be able to drive it. So that plus Taxes the guy will most likely never be able get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Sadly from my understanding, the DeLorean he won has over 6k worth of work needing done to it to be able to drive it. So that plus Taxes the guy will most likely never be able get it.
    Wow! That's really crappy. I thought that the Nora's Home was going put it into DMCH to get the work done before they auctioned it. How did you come across this info Patty?

My VIN:    10907

Is it just the registration tax or are they trying to hit him with a windfall tax? $6k + a few grand in taxes is still a pretty good deal. Hope he can work it out. He seemed pretty excited about it on Facebook.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast