FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Opinions?

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Opinions?

Howdy Folks,

As some of you may know, I’ve been selling some artwork/accessories on Society6.com (thread in the For Sale section). I’m now thinking of offering products through my own website (www.geoffombao.com), and want to get some opinions about the polo shirt below…

As a car enthusiast:

is a product such as this desirable to you? (For yourself? As a gift?)
    Is a polo more desirable than a T-shirt
    What colors would interest you?
    Would you wear one that featured a car you didn’t own, but might like?
    What sizes would interest you?
    What colors would interest you?

Unlike the t-shirts on Society6.com, these would not be created “on demand”, so I want to get as much info as possible before I produce a run. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Cheers!

- Geoff
    Polo-zoom.jpgPolo-full.jpg

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

is a product such as this desirable to you? (For yourself? As a gift?) I like! I wear Polo's to work so I would order one for myself.
    Is a polo more desirable than a T-shirt I like both options
    What colors would interest you? I like the gray.
    Would you wear one that featured a car you didn’t own, but might like? I'm an owner, so yes!
    What sizes would interest you? Large

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDMC12 View Post
    Howdy Folks,
    As a car enthusiast:

1. is a product such as this desirable to you? (For yourself? As a gift?)
    2. Is a polo more desirable than a T-shirt
    3. What colors would interest you?
    4. Would you wear one that featured a car you didn’t own, but might like?
    5. What sizes would interest you?
    6. What colors would interest you?
    Answers:

1. Yes, probably just for myself
    2. Yes, a polo is more desirable. I could wear it to work and church in the summer
    3. I like light grey, off-white, and dark grey. Black might also work but I'm not a big black polo fan
    4. I would only be interested if it were something I owned
    5. 2x - I'm a fat boy
    6. Same traffic as # 3
    Jeff

Oh, one more question:

People on this forum are obviously DMC fans, but (as car aficionados) probably like other cars as well. Would you find a polo such as this desirable if it featured a car of interest that you do not own?

Thanks for current and future responses!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Personally I wouldn't.

At a certain point in life you stop being a "fanatic" of other cars.

I would wear one with a D to club meets and car shows knowing that people might notice it and strike up a conversation "hey, do you have a DeLorean". Why, yes I do.

I like Esprits but would never wear one and the answer to the above question would be "no, I just like them" sound odd coming from a person older than about their mid twenties. IMHO of course

And I am referring to a more formal polo look, not a random movie tee.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I like Esprits but would never wear one and the answer to the above question would be "no, I just like them" sound odd coming from a person older than about their mid twenties. IMHO of course

And I am referring to a more formal polo look, not a random movie tee.
    Good insight. Around school, MANY students wear shirts with various cars on them that they do not own (Datsun Z, S2000, Porsche, Corvette come to mind). But most are in their 20's... and being a school of car design, the audience is already far more fanatical about cars that the average "car guy".

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Personally I think the polo that DMC Europe sells can't be improved upon. It's the one I'm wearing I'm my avatar. It's just so "in your face" but still handsome. It screams "Hey I got a DeLorean...WORSHIP ME!" but it does it in a mature British accent kind of way. I love all the little details, the buttons are DMC wheels, there is a little DeLorean tail light on the shirt tail, reflective DMC piping on the rear in a gullwing shape just to name a few.

If I had one complaint, the "Europe" on the bottom could go but it does give it a European flair...hence the accent when it screams at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Personally I think the polo that DMC Europe sells can't be improved upon. It's the one I'm wearing I'm my avatar. It's just so "in your face" but still handsome. It screams "Hey I got a DeLorean...WORSHIP ME!" but it does it in a mature British accent kind of way. I love all the little details, the buttons are DMC wheels, there is a little DeLorean tail light on the shirt tail, reflective DMC piping on the rear in a gullwing shape just to name a few.

If I had one complaint, the "Europe" on the bottom could go but it does give it a European flair...hence the accent when it screams at you.
    From what I can see, that is a pretty nice shirt. However, somethng as detailed as that would be too difficult/costly for me to produce in low volume/low price point.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

How come its always polo or t-shirts? I'd be more likely if it were a long sleeve shirt, cause around here it gets chilly enough that i wear them more than short sleeves.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    How come its always polo or t-shirts? I'd be more likely if it were a long sleeve shirt, cause around here it gets chilly enough that i wear them more than short sleeves.
    I would be all over a tastefully done long sleeve dress shirt. I'm opposite most people, I dress down for work but on me time, going out on a date, etc. I'm always in a dress shirt. I just don't know how many people share my enthusiasm to dress nice when going out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast