FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: who sells the stainless lower cover inserts

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

Ill have a picture in 5 days when they arrive!!!!
    1988 3.2 Ferrari Mondial

My VIN:    1919 & 2207

Getting me a set too, these look awesome!
    Paul Black - Vin 1919

My VIN:    #10213

Pic of them installed at the top of this thread:

http://delorean.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2013

Stephen

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I also have a set of these, and really like the look. FYI they add weight to the cover and will put additional strain on the engine cover at the up lock. This is a good reason to install the Louvre stiffener kit sold by DMCCA that also holds the engine cover open.

I've recently seen a Copy Cat set that someone else is now doing. They are actually better in detail symmetry. But I think they were more money. I just don't recall what site I saw them on.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I found them. Don't mind the the giant DMC that's not part of the grille kit.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...IMZPU6czDIqF-w
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Agreed, I have a set of these that I have had for yrs. One thing to note is that they are much heaver and one may want to come up with a better system to hold up and support the lowere engine compartment cover with the additional weight.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSenn View Post
    I don't have a picture handy but they're exactly as visible as the stock inserts, just shinier. You can sort of see them through the sun shade.

I can attest that they are completely, totally awesome and well worth the money.

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I love the SS grills and have them myself. Just one word of caution - they are significantly heavier than the stock grills and have heard of stress cracks forming (including my own) when the lower cover prop is locked in for periods of time. It already has a bad flex/bow as we all know when propped open at the back and this makes it worse. I was told by DMC that the lower engine cover was originally much thicker on a prototype. I am attempting a fix to this problem using an L brace after doing some research on what others have done - might try to post my solution. It's an easy fix that could just save the life of the lower cover. Will take some pics after the install is complete. That all being said - I still love my SS grills!
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    I love the SS grills and have them myself. Just one word of caution - they are significantly heavier than the stock grills and have heard of stress cracks forming (including my own) when the lower cover prop is locked in for periods of time. It already has a bad flex/bow as we all know when propped open at the back and this makes it worse. I was told by DMC that the lower engine cover was originally much thicker on a prototype. I am attempting a fix to this problem using an L brace after doing some research on what others have done - might try to post my solution. It's an easy fix that could just save the life of the lower cover. Will take some pics after the install is complete. That all being said - I still love my SS grills!
    Is it possible to rig a strut to hold open the engine cover like every other door or hood on the car?

Kinda what I said in the last post about being heavier. Here is an easy solution that I did. This takes the weight off of the lean to it and holds it at the top with the struts.

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    Attached Images

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I like these inserts but am curious if they can be seen when the louvres are down? Can someone post a pic?
    Here is the picture you can definately see them through the louver LOVE THEM! Thanks to Julian(Bandit) great job!

Delodeck.jpg
    1988 3.2 Ferrari Mondial

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast