FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vin 11408, LS Swap

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I am so happy to see another LS swap, now if we can get more here in the US, that would be great!!!

I'm stoked to see how you work everything out Josh! Hopefully we can both learn from each other!

I wasn't really planning on driving my car to DCS in 2016; however, if you're going to have your car there, then I may have to reconsider the trip, just so we can finally get 2 LS DeLoreans in the same place!!

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I am so happy to see another LS swap, now if we can get more here in the US, that would be great!!!

I'm stoked to see how you work everything out Josh! Hopefully we can both learn from each other!

I wasn't really planning on driving my car to DCS in 2016; however, if you're going to have your car there, then I may have to reconsider the trip, just so we can finally get 2 LS DeLoreans in the same place!!
    It will take alot to prevent me from making it out to DCS 2016

See you there haha!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Holy cow Josh. Just saw this thread. You have taken your delo to the next level congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to see you complete it. Best of luck.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

I still think we should look into seeing what it would cost to have us trailered up there. Maybe several of us could get together and get a better rate.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

You sir, are a mad man. Just got the 3.0, now this. What are you gonna put in it next year?

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by valdez View Post
    You sir, are a mad man. Just got the 3.0, now this. What are you gonna put in it next year?
    1.21 gigawats of course
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

That 3.0 has to be about the shortest-lived *successful* engine swap ever.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Holy cow Josh. Just saw this thread. You have taken your delo to the next level congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to see you complete it. Best of luck.
    Thank you sir! I hope to rebuild the body/exterior of my car to look a fraction as perfect as yours one day!

Lol, hopefully this will stay for a while. Ill stop by next time im in the neighbourhood and we can go for another spin. Hopefully without a broken shock!

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    That 3.0 has to be about the shortest-lived *successful* engine swap ever.
    Hey, i resent those asterisks haha!

The PRV was coming out this winter anyway to replace the lifters and timing chains. Things I missed the first time around. The transmission was also getting rebuilt. I figured I would put the money into a new motor instead. Not saying the PRV is bad, just saying I think the LS is better for what im going for. Put on about 20,000kms on the 3.0 this summer though!

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

A little update:

Welded up the second revision of the transmission mounts. I am now happy with how they are sitting, no modification to the frame or transmission necessary to make them fit.

I popped in the engine again. Installed a LS1 intake (good for some more power over the restrictive LS4 intake) and hung the alternator and pondered belt routing. I am modifying the water pump housing this week to make everything fit properly.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Hey, i resent those asterisks haha!

The PRV was coming out this winter anyway to replace the lifters and timing chains. Things I missed the first time around. The transmission was also getting rebuilt. I figured I would put the money into a new motor instead. Not saying the PRV is bad, just saying I think the LS is better for what im going for. Put on about 20,000kms on the 3.0 this summer though!
    You drove your car to DCS right? I'd say it was definitely successful!!

I was thinking that Dave was emphasizing that your engine swap was actually successful, where others have failed. There have likely been several short lived unsuccessful engine swaps, but yours is the first short lived successful swap (but for good reason!!!).

Truthfully, I'm just bracing myself for in 18 months when you ditch the LS and swap in a new LT1 from a 2014 vette!! Maybe we can make that swap together!! Haha

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast