FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Setup - Original Style - $25

Fuel Pump Setup - Original Style - $25

• Original style fuel pump setup, which I replaced with the new integrated pump/sender unit a few years ago.
    • Used fuel line and filter included
    • Pump was working when I replaced it, but had previously failed when the fuel got too hot (I added new fuel to get going again)
    • Price based on other used pumps posted
    • Shipped from Texas, $10 should cover shipping to most anywhere in US

DeLo-fuel-pump.jpg

Please PM me here.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    16409

Looks like your fuel sender is a tankzilla. Do you have the electronic control box?
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Looks like your fuel sender is a tankzilla. Do you have the electronic control box?
    No, sorry. Not Tankzilla AFAIK. It's all original, at least it's what came with the car when I bought it. What you see in the picture is all I have (fuel related).

T.

Last edited by Citizen; 03-03-2019 at 01:31 PM.

My VIN:    03572

Yes that looks like the TankZilla sender. It would not have worked without the Zilla electronic box. I just pulled my TankZilla and that sender looks the same, unless someone found another sender which worked with 90 ohms full and 0 ohms empty.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Yes that looks like the TankZilla sender. It would not have worked without the Zilla electronic box. I just pulled my TankZilla and that sender looks the same, unless someone found another sender which worked with 90 ohms full and 0 ohms empty.
    Ok, I yield to the pros, it's a TankZilla. But I still don't find the ECU. Where should I be looking? I looked in the fuse/relay area, and I don't see it.

IMG_20190326_105118240.jpg

And I looked in my DeLorean parts save box, and don't see it there (nor remember removing it when I installed the new combo unit).

So, if I don't have the ECU, a price drop is certainly in order. How about $15 for everything in the original post, + $10 shipping. I just hate throwing things away.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Ok, I yield to the pros, it's a TankZilla. But I still don't find the ECU. Where should I be looking? I looked in the fuse/relay area, and I don't see it.

And I looked in my DeLorean parts save box, and don't see it there (nor remember removing it when I installed the new combo unit).

So, if I don't have the ECU, a price drop is certainly in order. How about $15 for everything in the original post, + $10 shipping. I just hate throwing things away.

Thomas

It would be a box mounted close to the sender location.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    3937

Thomas

Maybe in the same hiding spot as the door lock module (which isn't in the photo where it normally would be). Do your power door locks work?

Maybe some of those electronics got relocated to the little cubby with the battery. Or on the driver's side ECU tray area. Or the driver's side cubby.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It would be a box mounted close to the sender location.
    I'll take a look there, just have to go unload all my...a'hem, crap first : )

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Maybe in the same hiding spot as the door lock module (which isn't in the photo where it normally would be). Do your power door locks work?

Maybe some of those electronics got relocated to the little cubby with the battery. Or on the driver's side ECU tray area. Or the driver's side cubby.
    I did look in the lower battery cubby, and didn't see anything. I did not look on the driver's side area...I'll do that as well, and report back.

Actually, now that you mention it, the power door locks do not work. As long as I've had the car, I've just always manually locked it whenever needed (rarely is it out of sight when I take it out somewhere).

I'll take a look there, just have to go unload all my...a'hem, crap first : )
    I did find a black box near the FP (see red arrow in picture). Is that it?

IMG_20190326_123957517.jpg

And now that I see it, I do remember it being there, and apparently not needed (not connected to anything), so I just left it there. I didn't know the control box was this size, about 1x2x4". I had been looking for a smaller black box, about 1x1x1, with wires coming out of it, based on a picture I saw somewhere on Talk. The box is attached (glued?) to the tub wall.

Nothing found on the driver's side ECU tray, or the cubby.

Assuming what is in the picture IS it, I'll remove it and include it with everything else, and honor the new $15 (plus $10 shipping) price.

A big Thank You, to all of you who provided info!

Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 03-26-2019 at 02:16 PM.

My lockZilla (black) box is 3"x3"x1.5" and has 6 wires coming out of it.
    Dave M vin 03572

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast