FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean World Tour - late Feb. event in SF/Bay Area

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

DeLorean World Tour - late Feb. event in SF/Bay Area

In advance of the upcoming NCDMC event planning session here's a Feb. event pre-announcement.

I've been in touch with the DeLorean World Tour team about their intended swing through our area.

For now the DWTour team plans to be here for 2 days sometime around Feb. 25 - we're located in the middle of their West Coast USA southbound leg. They are very interested in meeting Northern Calif. D owners as part of their DeLorean World Tour Worldwide Encounter.

It's too soon to plan locations or timing - this is only a heads up. Ken M. here notes that we can't expect them to wait for our weekends so be flexible - they are on a mission! I'm offering to be the point of contact for the NCDMC clan. If another of you wants to paste this note into the NCDMC facebook page go ahead.

We can expect more details after the DeLorean World Tour restarts from Vancouver BC ~Feb. 20.

Meantime check out their plans and their progress:

LINK: www.deloreanworldtour.com
    Day 52 in Myanmar in their Travel Blog looks particularly impressive, bridge- and ravine-wise...let's plan to welcome the DWTour team to see some REAL bridges next month.

-Rich
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    1420

Looks like they'll be taking a swing through Santa Cruz as well while on their way south. Kevin could have a reporter from the Sentinel and he as the photographer show up, maybe Lighthouse Point, for a little local press coverage.

lighthouse point.jpg

DWTour team into SF Bay Area on 26-Feb.?

Update about our DeLorean WorldTour friends as they prepare to re-start their journey now that they have collected their cars in Vancouver BC.

From their WhatsApp chat today I see estimated arrival to San Francisco on Friday, Feb. 26.

This opens the possibility of convenient DeLorean event-connection this coming weekend.

I think they plan to make it SF-centric - they have 3 potential hotel sites chosen, 2 in SF itself and one nearby in South San Francisco near the airport. They will be arriving thru/near Sacramento in case there can be some opportunity along the way in that area.

At the moment nothing is firm for a SF-area get-together - I plan to work up one or more opportunities. PM ideas if you like. Am thinking photo stops plus driving in and around SF - yes, they have auto. transmissions in their cars.

Bruce is set to connect with them as they depart the Bay Area when they drive through Santa Cruz.

Watch this space! Join their WhatsApp chat for current news. Connection info in post #101 here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1422

DeLorean WorldTour is set for US Visa pickup in Vancouver BC tomorrow with travel south toward California commencing from then with Seattle stopover this week.

Relaying info taken from DWT WhatsApp and daily blog:
    Tentatively driving nearby Sacramento on Friday 26th
    Tentative hotel stay in/near San Francisco from Friday 26th to perhaps 28th, all still to be confirmed.

This tentatively leaves at least a full day for connection in SF area on Sat., Feb. 27 plus possible connection during passage of Sacramento.

DWTour routing via Hwy 101 south to SF

And now a correction to the DeLorean World Tour routing.

The updated routing now does not include an I-5 segment past Sacramento - they plan to use US 101 to US 1 along the Mendocino and Sonoma Coast sections, direct to SF on Friday the 26th.

Confirming that the DeLorean World Tour team's hoping for a day of SF sightseeing and driving fun on Saturday the 27th. They booked their rooms in the Marina District (near Presidio and GG Bridge).

Who's up for joining for any part of this on Saturday? Plans still to be developed. Maybe all day but come and go as available?

Rich

My VIN:    6235

What way are they going after San Francisco? Down the 101 through San Luis Obispo to LA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spedlot View Post
    What way are they going after San Francisco? Down the 101 through San Luis Obispo to LA?
    Yes and no.

Yes, passing thru SLO.

No, they take (the beautiful) Hwy 1 along the Pacific Coast to get from San Francisco to get there.

Their plan shows them departing SF on Sunday, 28th to stay a night in Shell Beach/Pismo Beach, departing Pismo to LA on 29th.

See map: http://open.mapquest.de/?version=1.0&hk=4-pBortdl3

Ok cool. I live in slo and can possibly meet up with them in Pismo. It's a 10 min drive for me. Might be kinda fun.

So what's the best way to get a hold of them?

San Francsico event Sat. Feb. 28 with DeLorean World Tour team

Update for this Saturday in San Francisco with Klaus, Andre and Wolfgang.

Date: Saturday, 27 Feb.
    Place: TENTATIVE meetup at the Marina Green parking lot with DWTour and NCDMC
    Time: TBD - I have proposed 9:30AM meetup, will confirm or update to participants directly, not in DMCTalk - later arrival is OK, we can catch each other by phone as the day goes on. Early departures OK.
    Car: DeLoreans preferred, not mandatory
    Bring: FRS radio if you have one - sometimes SF traffic can string us out

Attendance: PM me if I have not already been in touch with you about this event.

Activities: TBD and largely depending on what they want to see and how they want to get there. Am preparing several segments of routes to popular places. Food and rest stops along the way, sightseeing. Hoping that we can at least do Lombard Street and the GG Bridge overlooks. And maybe beer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast