FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first car show

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My first car show

So... I'mn a relatively new owner... Bought my car in March. I am thinking abou entering it in a local car show.

2011 Rockin' Around the Block in Gresham (near Portland) Oregon.
    http://wilkeseastna.org/node/801

It's actually a pretty big event and my DeLorean isnt going to win any awards with the couple of dings here and there and general conditions of a 30 year old car. However, I thought it might be fun for my 4 year old son and I to go anyway. Registration is only $10 so what could it hurt. Besides, I've never seen anything as unique as a DeLorean there and I have seen a couple of newer Mustangs etc. so they take just about anything.

My question is, what sort of stuff should I do to prepare other than clean and shine the car up real nice? Any artifacts or other that I should bring.

I have a pretty extensive collection of the official DeLorean magazine I could bring a few choice issues.

Maybe a spec sheet?

What else?

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Canon20DFan
    I take a big bag of stuff to shows (besides a folding chair and a cooler of drinks). In my bag are glass wipes (I use Invisible Glass), tire wipes or tire shine, paper towels, a Sharpie marker (to fill in entry forms) and a box of my picture business cards. I also take a legal pad to write things down on (like the name and address of other car owners I need to remember).

Don't forget the sunscreen!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Remember to bring a gun...2 hours in the show you will want to blow your brains out.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    03572

You probably will want to bring the wife so you can take a break every so often.

Be prepared to be the hit of the show.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3299

I'd have some headache pills ready for stupid comments and bttf/cocaine jokes.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Real helpful, guys.

Just kidding... yeah, I expect most of this. My father-in-law once entered his early 70s Chevelle in a car show and he said it was tedious at best.

I'm going in with a fun attitude because I don't take it too seriously. I will clean my car up as best as possible, go over it with some Bar Keepers and plan to hang out. The good new is, I don't have to stay the entire time so I can leave if I get bored or annoyed.

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Don't forget to disconnect the car battery, unless you have replaced your courtesy lights with LEDs.

Just bring some windex, paper towels, a lawn chair, and some money. There will be plenty of food and drink to buy and be prepared to talk to lots of people.

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Here's some good FAQ/Spec sheets: http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-Fact%20Sheet.htm

I had one made into a poster at Walgreens, framed it, and leave it on the drivers seat at car shows. It cuts down on the questions, and keeps people from jumping into the drivers seat.

Be ready for lame jokes. Some people use jokes as a way to open a coversation. Others use jokes because they don't think anything of your car.
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Do you have one of my DeLorean Comment Bingo Cards?

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Canon20DFan
    How big a poster did you make?

Quote Originally Posted by EdR5150 View Post
    Here's some good FAQ/Spec sheets: http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-Fact%20Sheet.htm

I had one made into a poster at Walgreens, framed it, and leave it on the drivers seat at car shows. It cuts down on the questions, and keeps people from jumping into the drivers seat.

Be ready for lame jokes. Some people use jokes as a way to open a coversation. Others use jokes because they don't think anything of your car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast