FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 99 of 920 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 599 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Put some finishing touches on my SS replacement Upper Rear window screen. It's the one from DMCEU I purchased it from DMCMW at DCS10. While the part is nice looking in the main part (slotted areas) the Exposed lower lip flange has lots of wavy ripples from forming and a generally unfinished look. I fixed that today and cured the unsightliness of the three attaching screws. While I was at it, I hid the wires running from my twin third brake lights. The final result is a near factory look for a few bucks.

Attachment 9995 Attachment 9996 Attachment 9997 Attachment 9998 Attachment 9999 Attachment 10000
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Greased my sway bar poly bushings, in hopes of getting rid of a mystery squeak my car has while turning.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Moved the car (under its own power!) to get some filming done for a student project. Idle is still pretty rough, but that will be the subject of some more troubleshooting later this week...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    06357

I changed both bearings in the A/C belt tensionner...

My VIN:    2953

Renewed the tags for another two years.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Took the Craig out through the vents. What a horrible job. Complete nightmare removing the little screw.

My VIN:    06960

Glued the a-pillar trim pieces to the fiberglass since most of the extra vinyl got cut off with the windshield.

Modified the rear view mirror power harness for the new auto-dimming + HomeLink unit. (I had previously installed just an auto-dimming mirror)

Removed both passenger door latches. Modified them to allow locking while the latches are open. Then reinstalled.

Cleaned all old goop from the vapor barrier off the passenger door stainless.

Drilled holes in passenger door and latch bellcrank for the finally-being-installed-2004-DPNW-door-launchers.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Fixed my headlight switch for free...

Headlights stopped working out of the blue the other day.

I was pretty sure it wasn't the fuses because low high beams were gone too but I checked anyway. Both were fine.

So it's probably the switch - great that's $90 and it functions differently than stock.

So i took off the climate control panel to remove the old switch on the off chance I could repair it. Reached behind the console to detach the wiring harness and low and behold, IT WAS ALREADY DISCONNECTED.

Re-connected the harness, Re-installed the climate control panel. Problem solved.

Lesson learned - Check the simplest thing first.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Dropped it off at DMC Midwest for some cosmetic work along with a little mechanical stuff. Received pictures back from Dave of the dent removal process. They perform magic in that shop.

when i bought the car 13 years ago it had a ding in the passenger door, and a quarter sized ding in the rear passenger quarter. its been a long time coming and I can't begin to express how excited I was when Dave sent these pictures over.

Also on the schedule is a new windshield, wheels, preventative 5th gear bolt tightening, full inspection and fluid flush. once back home, new dash, signal/wiper switches, weather stripping, and some other odds and ends.

dent1.jpg

dent3.jpg

removed3.jpg

removed1.jpg
    Last edited by dmcerik; 04-30-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Added pictures

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    Dropped it off at DMC Midwest for some cosmetic work along with a little mechanical stuff. Received pictures back from Dave of the dent removal process. They perform magic in that shop.
    Let's see 'em!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 99 of 920 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 599 ... LastLast