FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Red - VIN 10499

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by MNT250 View Post
    Had the car in the shop to fix oil leaks from the valve cover & front seal at the pulley. The exhaust system had to come off so I had it all ceramic coated. Apparently it can make a big difference in radiated heat and heat retention inside the pipe resulting in higher flow which hopefully is true. Sure does look nice though.

Attachment 38468Attachment 38469
    Very nice! Can't wait to get one of these exhausts for my car.

Attachment 36327Attachment 36328Attachment 36329Attachment 36330Attachment 36331

Got my windshield trim and headlight parts back from the powder coaters! Looking good. Headlight buckets and brackets were a rusty mess before

Very nice work on the paint removal! Did you have a local place do the windshield trim? I need to have mine done, where did you find someone to do it and what was the cost?

My VIN:    10499

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Looks nice..how much that cost ya?
    Was $400 for the whole system, little more since the muffler is so big. Had it done down in Kent at Performance Coatings.

Quote Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
    Very nice! Can't wait to get one of these exhausts for my car.
    Yeah man, what a difference that'll make!

Quote Originally Posted by 16949 View Post
    Very nice work on the paint removal! Did you have a local place do the windshield trim? I need to have mine done, where did you find someone to do it and what was the cost?
    Thanks! I did, just a local powder coating company Seattle Powder coating. Figured it'd hold up a lot better than just painting it with trim paint. Seems with powder coating the more you do at once the better the value so I did the grill, headlight buckets, brackets, and window trim. I believe the cost was $260 for all of that.

My VIN:    4877

Not too bad.

Things like powder coating will wait on mine. Wanna get suspension refurbished and upgraded first.

I'll prolly just use the trusty ol sem trim black on window frame and other bits.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Not too bad.

Things like powder coating will wait on mine. Wanna get suspension refurbished and upgraded first.

I'll prolly just use the trusty ol sem trim black on window frame and other bits.
    Can you powder coat down the road on top of sem spray?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

No, you have to properly prep surfaces with hot tanking and bead blasting.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Any reputable powder coat shop will properly prep the surface before coating. It's essential for the finish to hold up. If you're looking to do yours temporarily with SEM trim black and powder coat it later on, nothing wrong with that since it'll be stripped anyhow.

Took care of a few things recently :

Got new rotor, cap, plugs, 8.5mm magnecor red wires installed. I bypassed the resistor grid and installed a pertronix coil for simplicity. Gapped the plugs to just under .50 made a huge difference. Runs great, definitely has more pick up.

Brake master cylinder was leaking so I replaced that. I just used a rebuilt SAAB 900 unit from the auto parts store, flushed the rest of the brake fluid out of the system, bled the brakes. Cleaned up the frame, peeled off epoxy, touched up any trouble spots on the frame for the entire front half of the car with POR15 then sprayed it with an enamel grey to match. Took the closing plate to the powder coaters and had it redone. Turned out great. Replaced all the hardware with stainless on the plate as well.

I installed refurbished side vent louvers I got from DMCNW. My originals were pitted when I got the car and soda blasting made it even worse. Drivers side was a bit stubborn and wanted to pop up at the back edge. Hopefully the rtv holds it down.

I tried to install new new drop glass run channels but having some issues, not sure if i've distributed them wrong in the channel or what. A small gap remains when the window is all the way up.

Awhile back I finally cleaned out the garage so it has a nice dry place to live. Besides that I haven't done a whole lot recently. I have a stainless airbox setup from Hervey to install still. I'll post some more pictures later on.

IMG_7096.jpg

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I tried to install new new drop glass run channels but having some issues, not sure if i've distributed them wrong in the channel or what. A small gap remains when the window is all the way up.
    The problem is not the channel, it's the moving window aka drop glass. You either need to adjust the tracks (if you are lucky) or unglue the glass from the metal carrier and glue it back in position centered correctly. For some reason the glass migrates back over time, and there isn't enough room in the track adjustments to compensate.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    6214

I have a stainless airbox setup from Hervey to install still. I'll post some more pictures later on.
    I'll be interested to see what that looks like. I've toyed with the idea of getting one for my car.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast