FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else see this before it was pulled?

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Now that it's been deemed OK to discuss this I will throw my 2 cents in.

All news organizations may release an incorrect story here or there. The difference between Fox and the other big dogs is this was an accident and was quickly corrected. Its not like they were doing a story on GMC trucks exploding after a side impact and decided to use model rocket ignitors to trigger a fireball for their "unbiased test" shown to the world. And they were not sued and forced to apologize on air for the blatant lies they told. Nor was it like a story about a presidents AWOL during his military service based on forged documents that even their own document experts told them were false...they ran with it and were embarrassed as well.
    I think it's important to note that organizations with an agenda will intentionally release false and/or misleading stories when they deem it appropriate to do so. Fox News is no exception here, as they - like other organizations - have been caught repeatedly releasing factually incorrect information to suit their narrative.

In the case of the racing story, it was a complete accident. News organizations always have several versions of a known story on-deck ready to release, and when the story hits they release the appropriate version to print. In this case, the wrong version was released prematurely. Simple as that. (This is a fundamental risk with news agencies that have such enormous erections for being the FIRST to break a story - which is nearly all of them.)
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3060

It's easy to avoid being called out on misrepresenting facts when everything FOX News says is phrased as a question: "Was the President born in Africa? I'm not saying he was. I'm just asking the question. Why won't you answer my question? What are you hiding?"

Let's leave the politics out of the discussion.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Now that it's been deemed OK to discuss this I will throw my 2 cents in.

All news organizations may release an incorrect story here or there. The difference between Fox and the other big dogs is this was an accident and was quickly corrected. Its not like they were doing a story on GMC trucks exploding after a side impact and decided to use model rocket ignitors to trigger a fireball for their "unbiased test" shown to the world. And they were not sued and forced to apologize on air for the blatant lies they told. Nor was it like a story about a presidents AWOL during his military service based on forged documents that even their own document experts told them were false...they ran with it and were embarrassed as well.
    If you want intentional propaganda leftist "news" visit CNN or MSNBC (MSLSD)
    Sorry but had to put my 2 obsolete pennies in as well. I couldn't sit here and see Fox News bashing and not be fair.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    <snip>

In the case of the racing story, it was a complete accident. News organizations always have several versions of a known story on-deck ready to release, and when the story hits they release the appropriate version to print. In this case, the wrong version was released prematurely. Simple as that.

<snip>
    Although "accident" is probably a good word to describe it, this was not due to an "on-deck" story being released by accident.

For those who watched the race (and the 6 hour rain delay) or had it on in the background (like I did) while doing other things, it was still a little bit
    confusing when Fox Sports replayed most of the 2013 Daytona 500 without noting anything "on the screen" during the broadcast, such as "Replay"
    or "Rebroadcast". If you were glued to the TV all afternoon, you probably knew, but if you were casually checking in every hour or so, not so much.
    This appeared to be more of the Left Hand not knowing what the Right Hand was doing, within the huge Fox corporate conglomerate.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Although "accident" is probably a good word to describe it, this was not due to an "on-deck" story being released by accident.

For those who watched the race (and the 6 hour rain delay) or had it on in the background (like I did) while doing other things, it was still a little bit
    confusing when Fox Sports replayed most of the 2013 Daytona 500 without noting anything "on the screen" during the broadcast, such as "Replay"
    or "Rebroadcast". If you were glued to the TV all afternoon, you probably knew, but if you were casually checking in every hour or so, not so much.
    This appeared to be more of the Left Hand not knowing what the Right Hand was doing, within the huge Fox corporate conglomerate.
    ^Best Answer
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    If you want intentional propaganda leftist "news" visit CNN or MSNBC (MSLSD)
    Sorry but had to put my 2 obsolete pennies in as well. I couldn't sit here and see Fox News bashing and not be fair.
    seriously. Expecting this thread to continue without getting political would be like fucking a hooker in Africa (bare back) and expecting NOT to get AIDS.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 02-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    1-800-273-8255

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Fox News is no exception here, as they - like other organizations - have been caught repeatedly releasing factually incorrect information to suit their narrative.
    And what narrative would that be exactly?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    It's FOX NEWS what do you expect Factual reporting.
    Again, still waiting for an explanation as to what this is supposed to mean exactly - why the all caps for 'Fox News' and why the barb about their reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    seriously. Expecting this thread to continue without getting political would be like fucking a hooker in Africa (bare back) and expecting NOT to get AIDS.
    I wholly expected this thread to get political which is precisely why I expressly asked that it not. I'm hoping that our members can be mature and have a reasonable discussion which avoids politics and I have faith that we can. If that faith is misplaced and I am wrong, it can be dealt with.

Part of that includes not responding to baiting. Another part includes not baiting to begin with.
    - Chris

what

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast