FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Another Entitled Instagram Photo

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    So... getting to posting things you shouldn't be doing on the Internet... I suspect that there is going to be a day sometime in the future where the computing power is vastly more advanced (a given) and that'll include facial recognition for any of us with accounts with a face and then I think we're going to see databases be able to go back in time to reanalyze old info or footage or pictures and quickly pull out hits of people and figure out who was where and when and what they were doing at that time.

You think of all the cameras all over the place and they're recording God knows what, well I figure that while we don't necessarily have the computing power or facial databases quite yet to go through it all, I think there will be a time in the future where some supercomputer by our standards today can go through it in an instant and pull out all kinds of this sort of thing.

What's the phrase? Big Brother isn't coming, he's already here. Fun fun.
    I got news for you... Anything YOU can think of today, your government has been able to do for at least 5 years. Trust me.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I got news for you... Anything YOU can think of today, your government has been able to do for at least 5 years. Trust me.

Cheers
    Steve
    I just want a real lightsaber

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I just want a real lightsaber
    I want those laser handcuffs. Also want to go to Toshi station and pick up some power inverters.

My VIN:    3937

I'll take a cloaking device for the D, but one you can still pull up to the drive thru window with while cloaked to grab a coffee.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3610

I'll take a cloaking device for the D, but one you can still pull up to the drive thru window with while cloaked to grab a coffee.
    And then you get rear ended by the guy behind you.

My VIN:    6585

You think of all the cameras all over the place and they're recording God knows what, well I figure that while we don't necessarily have the computing power or facial databases quite yet to go through it all, I think there will be a time in the future where some supercomputer by our standards today can go through it in an instant and pull out all kinds of this sort of thing.

What's the phrase? Big Brother isn't coming, he's already here. Fun fun.
    Over the past few years in Nevada, they will tell you NOT to smile during your drivers license photo. Apparently it screws up facial recognition software because it alters the points on your face as the muscles contract. So there's that. But the technology is still too unreliable to work properly.

But the thing is that there isn't simply some sort of "Big Brother" spying on us. It's that we're all instead vying for his attention. If the government suddenly mandated that we need to check in multiple times a day with a description of our activities and proof of activities and location with GPS coordinates, we'd all collectively shit a brick and scream fascism. BUT, tell us that it's for fame & acceptance among our peers to gain approval from within our little circle of friends, and we're totally OK with that. It's called Facebook. Big Brother need only be bothered to look up your activities when needed.

The woman in the car, I pretty much knew she worked for the PR firm given that she kept getting tagged in other people's photos from the event where both were thanked equally. And that is because even though she has has tried to purge all records of herself, she cannot possibly purge the records that her friends and associates kept of her. Just like tracking someone through the woods that leaves a bunch of shoe prints and broken branches in their wake, and they still create a trail that leads back to them. That is why you have to be so careful on the Internet with what you post because job recruiters will search those records and will find those things out.

However Dave wants to pursue this is up to him. It sounds like the FanExpo group so far is taking the concern seriously. The PR firm on the other hand, their silence has been deafening. Sure, it's the holidays (at least down in the U.S.), but they could at least have acknowledged his e-mail with even a generic, canned response. At this point, I definitely would NOT attend any event where Jive PR+ is involved, nor especially rent out a car for use around their people. Sure it may have been only 1 person's doing, but they could at least have publicly acknowledged that. The lack of response for myself means one of two things: either they are in over their heads and do not know how to deal with things like this, which should make everyone question doing business with such a potentially incompetent organization. Or, they really are just a bunch of entitled people that beleive they can do whatever they want, and just don't given a damn what anyone thinks. Which is all the more reason to avoid ever having anything to do with them.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    10644

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Unbelievable. By looking at all the 15 comments so far, it is not getting the attention she was probably hoping for.

Guessing it won't last long, here is the post from the self described geekbabe for posterity...

image.jpg
    Last edited by DMC-81; 12-09-2016 at 07:18 AM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Since when did "geek" and "nerd" become synonymous with fat and lazy?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Has she also made her account private since the pic was shared? Says I need to follow her to see the pic.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast