FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean sold

Delorean sold

In Feb. of '82 I got my Delorean and after 35 years I sold it. I have greatly enjoyed being a member of the Delorean family. I can never thank the members of this forum enough for all the help and advice you have given me over the years. I am 75 years old and I thought I owed it to my car to let a younger person enjoy it. I will remain a member of this forum for the time being. thanks again I enjoyed living the dream and I will miss my silver bullet but all things in life comes to and end. Andy Blackmon former owner of 03513 .

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Congrats on the sale, and great hearing from an original owner! I remember seeing your car at DCS 2008.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    REDACTED

Andy...My family and I are very thankful to now own such a lovely car! Just today we were out to 2 shows and a cruise-in later tonight! Being the president of the Indiana DeLorean Motor Club, we also do a lot of charity and fundraising events for local organizations! My 10 year old daughter is in love with the blue trim, and loves to go cruising with me! Thank you again for the opportunity to own this car and you can rest assured that it will be in our family for many years to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox
    Find me on Tubi! Rally North America

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

My VIN:    No. 4068

kbrown84 Sir, you look like you're my American Twin !!
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

My VIN:    04629

New Club Member?

kbrown84,

How do I get in touch with your club? I've owned my car for over 26 years, want to share stories, and meet fellow owners. (East side of Indpls)

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    kbrown84,

How do I get in touch with your club? I've owned my car for over 26 years, want to share stories, and meet fellow owners. (East side of Indpls)
    Feel free to email (the best way to get ahold of me since i work odd hours) [email protected]
    My number is 317-412-2206, also you can check out the website at www.in-dmc.org

Shoot me an email, and i'll let you know when we get together next! Looking forward to meeting you!
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox

Quote Originally Posted by NckT View Post
    kbrown84 Sir, you look like you're my American Twin !!
    You must be a good lookin fellow then!
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente

My VIN:    No. 4068

Quote Originally Posted by kbrown84 View Post
    You must be a good lookin fellow then!
    Obviously
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

Andy,
    Just wanted to drop a note and let you know how your car is doing! We have made a few slight changes, but she remains a very dependable car!
    In July of last year, a friend and I decided to participate in a charity rally which would put us driving from Indianapolis to Lake Tahoe, California! In a weeks time we put nearly 5,500 miles on the car, and even had the opportunity to run it on a road course for the first time. With the exception of a few very minor things (a broken wire on the ignition coil, altitude sickness in CO) the car performed flawlessly! I've since put another 6-7k miles on it running to Chicago, Kansas City, and a few more trips... We are planning another charity rally this coming July, heading from Indianapolis out to Sebago Lake, Maine! We've managed to raise a few thousand dollars for the charities thus far!

I did have to replace the exhaust due to some rusting issues with the early DMCH exhausts...it now sports a DPI Spec 1 exhaust, and the engine work you had done really sounds great! Im also planning a front suspension upgrade with QA1 coilovers during the spring!

Thanks again for allowing me to own this car...it really has been a lot of fun, and I think of you often while enjoying it! Hope you are well!

Kolin

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente

My VIN:    10201

I didn't see this thread until just today. I had wondered what happened to Andy. He helped me get my car running again after I hit a truck tire and then let me drive his car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast