FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 113 of 920 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I found my driver front lower balljoint nut was trying to escape which would have been real bad if its plan hadn't been foiled.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Took the binnacle off and removed the instruments, a spider had found its way in there and died behind the clear plastic right below the speedo!
    Also glued on part of the black surround on the binnacle's edge as it was becoming unstuck.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    Took the binnacle off and removed the instruments
    How complicated a job is this? I may need to pull the binnacle to get at the upper speedo cable sometime soon and I've not found a decent guide on binnacle removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    How complicated a job is this? I may need to pull the binnacle to get at the upper speedo cable sometime soon and I've not found a decent guide on binnacle removal.
    Had to do it three times now, almost can do it in my sleep!! It's really easy. You just have to undo six nuts and off it comes. You disconnect two wiring connectors and unclip the speedo cable before you lift it off entirely though.

It helps if you have a spine like a circus acrobat as it involves lying upside down in the footwell!

http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/binnacle.htm

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

It helps enormously to remove the driver's seat, and if at all possible the steering wheel. Just the seat will be enough to do it easily though. Lay on your back in the footwell and as was already said - 6 nuts, 2 clip connectors and the speedo cable.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    +1 Tempted to replace all the bulbs (minus the battery light bulb) with LEDS/SMDs. Anyone quickly know which bulbs I need for the whole illumination?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    +1 Tempted to replace all the bulbs (minus the battery light bulb) with LEDS/SMDs. Anyone quickly know which bulbs I need for the whole illumination?
    Ozzie did a write up on this. There should be a link on his profile!

EDIT - Here it is
    Last edited by sdg3205; 06-03-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Michael Jackson, a hoooo!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Ozzie did a write up on this. There should be a link on his profile!

EDIT - Here it is
    Thanks mate! I did see the thread, but thought someone might know off the top of their head. Bookmarked!

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    Took the binnacle off and removed the instruments, a spider had found its way in there and died behind the clear plastic right below the speedo!
    Also glued on part of the black surround on the binnacle's edge as it was becoming unstuck.
    I have both of these problems... Fortunately the spider is tiny so I'm going to ignore it until I replace the binnacle.

More importantly, what type of adhesive did you use for the black plastic trim piece? I haven't fixed mine yet because I wasn't sure if I should use regular trim adhesive from a spray can... and if so, how was I going to control overspray.

Cheers.
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I have both of these problems... Fortunately the spider is tiny so I'm going to ignore it until I replace the binnacle.

More importantly, what type of adhesive did you use for the black plastic trim piece? I haven't fixed mine yet because I wasn't sure if I should use regular trim adhesive from a spray can... and if so, how was I going to control overspray.

Cheers.
    Steve
    Those little farkers can find their way in anywhere!! He even had the cheek to die in there...

As for the glue, I just ran a bit of bog-standard superglue in behind and held it down with a clothes peg. If you do the same, be sure to leave it a while so the fumes evaporate away or it may fog the clear plastic!

Page 113 of 920 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast