FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Factory Photos

My VIN:    7075

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    Sidaries, thank you so much for taking the time to upload all of those pictures!

It just occurred to me... not all of these pictures are from the factory. For instance, in pictures 2 & 43 the cars are angle parked like a suburban parking lot. Whereas every single picture I've ever seen of the DeLorean factory, the cars are all queued up in straight lines, facing the same direction. Then I noticed in those same pictures that there were buildings which I knew were not at the DMCL facility. So those 2 particular photos must have been taking at the shipping docks. I guess the crane in picture 43 should have been the giveaway! Fascinating stuff. I love finding Easter eggs in these historic photos.
    Yes, there are a few, which are not in the factory, however I thought, that those are maybe in one of the QACs. Minor error, still worths to see them.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Yes, 2 & 43 are at the shipping docks in Belfast.

The first one of the cars on the transporter is in Wellington Place in downtown Belfast near the City Hall on the way the docks. I am not sure where the other transporter picture is taken. It is a different NIC (Northern Ireland Carriers) truck/lorry maneuvering through some structure, possibly at the plant, or an entrance gate at the docks perhaps. There is what looks like a red motorbike parked, so it is not a shot at speed.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Are there any photos of the last DeLoreans being built at the factory? Also, my car was signed by to employees Bert Spiers and Peter Cunninham, any photos of them?

Thanks!

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post

I'm sure there are some dimwits that would say the car seen here had the Back to the Future (BTTF) abbreviation wrong.

Even though this was almost ten years before the film was a thought.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by MCMDMC View Post
    Are there any photos of the last DeLoreans being built at the factory? Also, my car was signed by to employees Bert Spiers and Peter Cunninham, any photos of them?

Thanks!
    The new book DeLorean - Celebrating the Impossible does document the final cars being assembled & auctioned. However, I don't see anything about those two employees in the book. You can always reach out to the authors Chris Parnham & Andrew Withers; or to Nick Sutton, another author & former DeLorean employee, to see if they can give you any more info on them.
    Louie Golden

Thanks!
    What VIN is your car? Is it possible/late enough that it was signed by Kapac/Consolidated personnel?

Where was it signed?
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Could someone explain what the codes mean? I'm assuming they got their quality assurance sticker when they passed inspection at a certain stage?

Just guessing:
    B = Body
    C= Chassis
    T = Trim
    F = Final Assembly? Frame?

W.t. = ???
    R.t = ???

This car looks to be finished on the lot awaiting shipment, so what are the final two checks that are still blank?

VIN 20102, which would be third from the last car built. Here are images of the cave writings I found.

20151023_150940.jpg

20151023_152035.jpg

VIN 20102, which would be third from the last car built. Here are images of the cave writings I found.

20151023_150940.jpg

20151023_152035.jpg
    that's neat.
    Dermot

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Could someone explain what the codes mean? I'm assuming they got their quality assurance sticker when they passed inspection at a certain stage?

Just guessing:
    B = Body
    C= Chassis
    T = Trim
    F = Final Assembly? Frame?

W.t. = ???
    R.t = ???

This car looks to be finished on the lot awaiting shipment, so what are the final two checks that are still blank?
    Guesses, but;

WT = Water Test, where they drove the car through the water spray apparatus?
    RT would then be Road Test

possibly the two empty spaces are just areas for future tests - all the cars in the background have two black rectangles on them also. Or possibly QAC spaces??
    Dermot

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast