FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A&W Display DeLorean

My VIN:    3937

Nice Rich! How were the burgers?? They have a spicy habanero burger special on now that is Mmmmmm, good

... boy did that wiper stalk ever take a whallop to get bent that much!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nice Rich! How were the burgers?? They have a spicy habanero burger special on now that is Mmmmmm, good

I would see someone in the drivers seat for a photo and then climbing out through the passenger side and pushing down with their feet, clipping the stalk. I suspect that led to the "no climbing" sign, but fair play to the owner, he has still kept it on display and open for visitors/customers.

Mind you, I suspect Rich was the first visitor to take more pictures of the underneath than the outside

Nice pictures Rich, btw. Good job!!!
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    4519

The burgers were very good....I'll pass on anything habanero -lol! BTW, this place is very near the BBQ place where we ate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I would see someone in the drivers seat for a photo and then climbing out through the passenger side and pushing down with their feet, clipping the stalk. I suspect that led to the "no climbing" sign, but fair play to the owner, he has still kept it on display and open for visitors/customers.

I heard a story of a guy putting two small children in the car with food & drinks (wow.) That likely prompted the sign.

Mind you, I suspect Rich was the first visitor to take more pictures of the underneath than the outside

Nice pictures Rich, btw. Good job!!!
    haha...no doubt, thanks!

I hope to meet the owner soon, he sounds like a really nice guy. Seeing the spots on the frame and MC leak addressed before it's too late shows the guy appreciates the car and takes care of it. He's likely the original owner, so I'm very interested to hear of his experiences with the car. He's bringing a lot of smiles to the people (I mean: guys -lol) and I'm looking forward to getting 4728 on the road to pull in & put a smile on his face.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Wow....is this what ours cars have come to? Cheap sideshow attractions to sell CD's and root beer?
    Nope, it's been that way for quite some time. Even Proto 1 after being sold was used in this exact same way outside of a Shakey's Pizza in Los Angeles. I have some photos of it in my archives.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    The burgers were very good....I'll pass on anything habanero -lol! BTW, this place is very near the BBQ place where we ate.
    Beauty! That lake side town would be a great place to be with this nice weather of late!

I bet you're right. When those stalks get whacked, they definitely bend!

IMG_1756.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

Beauty! That lake side town would be a great place to be with this nice weather of late!

I bet you're right. When those stalks get whacked, they definitely bend!

IMG_1756.jpg
    Has anyone ever sucessfully bent their turn signal (or wiper) stalk back to position without it kinking? My turn signal stalk is bent forward so I have to reach extra far with my fingers to reach. I'm afraid if I attempt to bend it back It'll kink, snap off, break the guts inside, etc.

My plan would be to try and hold the base of the stalk with some vice grips and bend the rest of it forward by hand. I'm thinking and old rag or a piece of cardboard would stop the vice grips from damaging the black finish.

My VIN:    5312

I sure hope he takes it home at night. That is one nice delorean and would be a shame to see it damaged by a retard, weather or even get stolen!

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    I've tried quite a few. I like the light taste and feel of A&W.
    Hey , to each his own.
    Try Hansen's... it will change your life.
    Also the beer company Weinhard's used to make a great one... haven't had one in years so I can't say if the quality stayed when they were bought by Strohs.

Cheers
    steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Try Hansen's... it will change your life.
    Also the beer company Weinhard's used to make a great one... haven't had one in years so I can't say if the quality stayed when they were bought by Strohs.

Cheers
    steve
    I haven't tried hansens, but I have had the microbrew root beer (can't remember the name but it came in a metal barrell mini keg) and I don't care for it much.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    4519

I actually got to drive my car for the first time in about a month...... I've been working 12-16 hour days. Tonite I took my nephew [visiting from Colorado] for a ride. He never saw a DeLorean before, so we drove my car to Lake George and I showed him the A&W DeLorean; he got a ride in a DeLorean, and saw two at once....he loved it:

20170724_203356.jpg 20170724_203412.jpg

I met with the owner while we were there, he's a really nice guy. He's usually very busy working, but we arrived at closing time and he was available. He mentioned that he's not the original owner, he bought the car from someone in PA. about 10 years ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast