Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My dream car, VIN 03676!!!

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC VIN 6639 View Post
    Keep that bumper sticker
    Just don't drive in NY or CA.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Congrats!!! I remember this car from the bumper sticker haha. Here it is on May 25, 2018 when I went to DMC MW to look at VIN 2282, which I ended up purchasing. Mike and Suzy are the best. Enjoy!
    Attached Images

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

There is something about that car that I love. Most people would argue my choice with a car but I love it and everything it stands for. It definitely has my vote. I'm sure you will have it restored soon and no doubt will enjoy the process of making it great again. I bet by November, it will be everyone's favorite.

Thanks for all of the love everyone! I got the car delivered by DMC Midwest last Saturday and I've been tinkering ever since. Since it's arrival, I replaced all of the door lights with LED's and put some tinfoil in the light buckets to spread the light out (they're almost TOO bright), bought a set of used re-upholstered covers for the seats from another DMC owner and recovered the pass side lower dash pad. Neither the seats or the dash pad vinyl really matches the original grey, but it looks much better than sun baked and cracked pieces. I think I'm just going to get everything in good working order and just drive it this year...learn the car, if you will. Next winter the car will be stored and that's when the interior will really go under the knife. It will be going back to the original black interior that the VIN calls out for. A few custom touches here and there, but black.
    Anyway, here's a few pictures I have taken since the delivery.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Brodie,

You failed to mention you work at an upholstery shop. ;-) Tackling that interior redo should be pretty comfortable for you. Btw, do know why the Driver door window was removed? Bad regulator or something else?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Brodie,

You failed to mention you work at an upholstery shop. ;-) Tackling that interior redo should be pretty comfortable for you. Btw, do know why the Driver door window was removed? Bad regulator or something else?
    I thought I had told you that I work for the company that does the interiors for Cirrus (SCS Interiors)?
    Anyway, the window was not removed. I was told it will not move back up. I'm guessing the window motor is burned up. Those aren't cheap either...but I'm gonna try to find a good used one if I can.

My VIN:    5314

Congrats on your purchase, Brodie. I've had mine for 35 years and counting. Love it!

Our database indicates this is an automatic transmission car, but by the photos, it looks like a manual. It also shows the car was once painted black, but the older pictures Michael cited showed purple (or some such color). Can you verify any of this?

Also, would you say the mileage?

Thanks,
    Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 02-15-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Our database indicates this is an automatic transmission car, but by the photos, it looks like a manual. It also shows the car was once painted black, but the older pictures Michael cited showed purple (or some such color). Can you verify any of this?

Also, would you say the mileage?

Thanks,
    Thomas

Where are you seeing that it was an automatic car? It was painted purple at one point. My car has been rebuilt from about 4 or 5 different cars to make this one. The only thing original to the car are the VIN tags and the wheels and a few other little things. Chad told me the fiberglass tub was destroyed sobhe swapped the VIN tags to a clean tub. The frame, engine and transmission have about 8k miles on it and was out of TX donuts not only low mileage, but rust free.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodizzle83 View Post
    Where are you seeing that it was an automatic car?
    Here is the link for VIN 3676.

Based on the info you provided, Chad probably swapped the trans. out for a manual. No problem, we can easily update the database.

Thanks.
    Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast