FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flux3d's LED CLock

My VIN:    5482

Flux3d's LED CLock

Full review can be seen here: http://dmctx.blogspot.com/2013/07/led-clock.html

I'm very happy with this solution.
    Jeff

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

Thanks for the great review. What can I say I'm thrilled that your so pleased with it and it looks great in those pics . looks like you havea very nicely presented car as well.

Anyone wanting one of these please pm me or email me [email protected].

$105 including postage and packaging.

I'm also looking into creating a version with smaller digits similar to the original size on the OEM clock. I'll pay on here wheni have stock ready.

My VIN:    3299

PM answered and sent (:.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Jeff,

Did you use the original wires where the OEM clock plugged in as your ground and ignition sources? If not, where did you tap in for each respectfully? I ordered one of these from Mark, and just wanted to ask ahead of time. Thanks!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Jeff,

Did you use the original wires where the OEM clock plugged in as your ground and ignition sources? If not, where did you tap in for each respectfully? I ordered one of these from Mark, and just wanted to ask ahead of time. Thanks!
    Jeremiah - I sent you a PM regarding this. In short, yes I cut the plug off the dead original clock and spliced it into my new one (only needing the ground and the keyed hot).
    Jeff

I just got my unit in today. Man, this sucker is beefy. Mark did a spectacular job with this clock. I can't wait to install it in a lil' while.

Definitely worth the money on build quality alone.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Just wanted to take a moment and share in this thread. I just got done installing mine, and man, this was well worth its money. The numbers are crazy-big, ultra-bright (LED powered), and clearly readable. The design is darn stout; Mark did a flipping fantastic job. $105 was a steal for this.

Seeing as how this was a prototype, when he gets to making the production version (smaller digits and 12 hour time instead of military 24 hour time IIRC), I highly recommend picking one up!

Attachment 20616
    Attachment 20617
    Attachment 20618
    Last edited by DeLorean03; 07-21-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

New version with smaller numbers about ready!

Thanks for all the great feedback. I've tried to make them as strong as possible, so its great to know people appreciate the build quality. In my book if you're going to make something you make it as well as you can.

Thanks for the pictures Delorean03. Looking at them it seems like the horizontal position could do with some adjustment. I designed it so that you can move it horizontally to get the best fit for the display. Its held in position by the top plate and a polypropylene wedge which may have comes loose in transit.

Looking good though!

The new units are just about there and should be ready to order before the week is out.

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post

Thanks for the pictures Delorean03. Looking at them it seems like the horizontal position could do with some adjustment. I designed it so that you can move it horizontally to get the best fit for the display.

Looking good though!

The new units are just a
    Yeah, when I had that ground joint go bad, I learned that really quickly . Will be taking new pictures again when it gets re-installed.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I've tried to make them as strong as possible, so its great to know people appreciate the build quality. In my book if you're going to make something you make it as well as you can.

Thanks for the pictures Delorean03. Looking at them it seems like the horizontal position could do with some adjustment. I designed it so that you can move it horizontally to get the best fit for the display. Its held in position by the top plate and a polypropylene wedge which may have comes loose in transit.

Looking good though!

The new units are just about there and should be ready to order before the week is out.
    Is there a confirmed feature list for the new versions? I know the size of the display is being made smaller.

Are you also incorporating the dimming function?
    12 hour time format?
    Programming the clock per OEM with the 2 pegs per the original?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast