FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LCA's worth saving??

My VIN:    5625

LCA's worth saving??

Hey guys-

So, I'm currently rebuilding my front suspension. The LCA's I've taken off appear to have some damage. The question is if they are good enough for cores or can be repaired. The damage I am calling attention to is the bends on the metal tabs that would be closest to the chassis. Let me know what you guys think...

IMG_1169.jpgIMG_1170.jpgIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1172.jpg
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Hey guys-

So, I'm currently rebuilding my front suspension. The LCA's I've taken off appear to have some damage. The question is if they are good enough for cores or can be repaired. The damage I am calling attention to is the bends on the metal tabs that would be closest to the chassis. Let me know what you guys think...
    Those can be fixed with hammer and dolly pretty easily. I'd definitely save them or find someone who has some metalworking skills to repair them. Or if you're just looking to get rid of them and replace them with aftermarket LCA's I'm sure there is someone out there who'd want to buy them as-is.
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-27-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

They are failure prone as it is. Not a part to cheap out on. Upgrade to Heninger's or DMCMW's aluminum ones or DPI's stainless ones.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

There is definitely a market for used LCAs. Everyone needs cheap DeLorean parts from time-to-time.

Having said that, I myself prefer to use the best part whenever possible. Since I prefer and recommend QA1 coil-overs, I would choose an LCA that can either be purchased without the spring cup (DPI SS) or where the spring cup can be easily removed (DMCMW's billet aluminum).

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    They are failure prone as it is. Not a part to cheap out on. Upgrade to Heninger's or DMCMW's aluminum ones or DPI's stainless ones.
    I keep hearing about Heninger's parts. What is his website link?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    There is definitely a market for used LCAs. Everyone needs cheap DeLorean parts from time-to-time.

Having said that, I myself prefer to use the best part whenever possible. Since I prefer and recommend QA1 coil-overs, I would choose an LCA that can either be purchased without the spring cup (DPI SS) or where the spring cup can be easily removed (DMCMW's billet aluminum).
    I sure liked the QA1's, but they were a bit out on the price range at the time I stared purchasing parts.

I already purchased new DMC steering rack, Delorean Europe front lowering springs, new spax front shocks, all new hardware, and poly bushings for nearly everything. My wallet is getting a bit thinner. I'm just attempting to make a wise choice on the LCA's and upper A arm refurb that won't break the bank. I would love to save for the absolute best, but I also want to drive the car this up coming season.

I could get refurbished from Hervey, but he's busy with the "move" and doesn't really seem to want the business. Definately not in the mood to work too hard for just another screwed up order...

The billet aluminum LCA's would be awesome but are way out of my price range at $1300 +.

DPI's are nice too, but $1k....ouch. I was really hoping for something a little less. Wishful thinking I guess...

I have am email out to Grady hoping that maybe he could refurbish them. You know, sand blast, welded in support plates, powder coated, and new ball joints. Still waiting to hear back though. I guess the estimates against prices for new will play a big part in my decision on which way to go. I may just bite the bullet.....

I just want the parts to to work on my car! Grrrr.
    Last edited by Trstno1; 01-28-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Not a self styled 'Guru'

I have am email out to Grady hoping that maybe he could refurbish them. You know, sand blast, welded in support plates, powder coated, and new ball joints. Still waiting to hear back though. I guess the estimates against prices for new will play a big part in my decision on which way to go. I may just bite the bullet....
    Always worth asking, see what Rob comes back with. What you are asking is essentially the same thing that DCUK offer as a ready to fit swap out service http://www.deloreanclub.uk/lower-control-arms.html
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post
    Always worth asking, see what Rob comes back with. What you are asking is essentially the same thing that DCUK offer as a ready to fit swap out service http://www.deloreanclub.uk/lower-control-arms.html
    Looks like they are currently out of stock on those. When it says, "price includes 200 pound refundable core deposit", and the asking price is 749.99 pounds, they are actually 549.99 pounds when I send in my cores right?

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I keep hearing about Heninger's parts. What is his website link?
    http://deloreanupgradeparts.com
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Thank you sir.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast