FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to Bend Center Console to fit Better?

My VIN:    16563

I need to do this also among other issues I have with the console. Its a cardboard so I think the fix is something like how we fix the plastic bumper eye lid issue with metal on the underside. Personally It would be cleaner to buy a quart of fiberglass resin and coat the underside with it. That would hold its shape for sure. I may remake the entire console out of fiberglass due to many contact points on the cardboard where the metal cross brackets have worked their way loose. This is a good thread
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

My VIN:    10110

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    i think he means this:
    http://ohiodeloreans.com/images/tips...rflaps-lrg.jpg

found here under "tom wilke's center console "flap" fix"
    yep

My VIN:    17097 Canadian Edition

Club(s):   (DOI)

Hmmmmm........ interesting. I might try that tomorrow.

Thanks.

......Mike......

My VIN:    17097 Canadian Edition

Club(s):   (DOI)

http://ohiodeloreans.com/images/tips...rFlaps-Lrg.jpg
    Well I tried it. It wasn't a great success. I suspected it wouldn't be but I wanted to try it before making a comment. In my case, and presumably most cases, the console corners are curled out. In those pics, the area below the clips, closer to the corners needs to be pulled in. Or indeed, the corners themselves. Pulling the two sides of the console together as described, does not "fix" the curled-out corners. It may make it less obvious, but it is not a proper fix in my opinion. If there was some way to get the clips in the described method down on the corners, then you could pull the curls in. So, its back to the drawing board as far as I am concerned! There's got to be a way to get those corners in.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by micmak View Post
    http://ohiodeloreans.com/images/tips...rFlaps-Lrg.jpg
    Well I tried it. It wasn't a great success. I suspected it wouldn't be but I wanted to try it before making a comment. In my case, and presumably most cases, the console corners are curled out. In those pics, the area below the clips, closer to the corners needs to be pulled in. Or indeed, the corners themselves. Pulling the two sides of the console together as described, does not "fix" the curled-out corners. It may make it less obvious, but it is not a proper fix in my opinion. If there was some way to get the clips in the described method down on the corners, then you could pull the curls in. So, its back to the drawing board as far as I am concerned! There's got to be a way to get those corners in.
    I've used the wire and hook route but it still doesn't look that great.
    Shannon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2