FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - August 15-16, 2014

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - August 15-16, 2014

Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - Saturday, August 16, 2014 (the 20th Anniversary this year)

The world's largest car show and car cruise will have another outstanding display of DeLorean automobiles
    for our fourth year at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz dealership. There is no better location to display
    our DeLoreans, to huge crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
    enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, both on display, and cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club
    DMC event, with cars from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles attending, both on
    and next to Woodward Ave, and over a million spectators, this Cruise is THE EVENT for all gear-heads.

As with years past, we will have a few DMC POGs join us at the display, along with the POG Car (VIN...520)
    which is at POG Summer Camp in Grand Rapids, MI this year (after DCS 2014), with Parts POG Chris Duvall.

Contact any of the participating DeLorean clubs for a registration form or just contact Rich Weissensel.
    Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

(Note: there is a special DeLorean PDF Registration Form that we can email to those interested in attending)

For more details about any DeLorean Midwest Connection club events, check out the DMC Club website
    at: http://www.deloreanmidwest.com or Contact Rich Weissensel: [email protected]

Registration Note: As of DCS 2014, we already have 80% of the DeLorean Reserved parking spaces "filled", so
    if you plan to attend and park with our DMC clubs, reserve your space now or very soon.

There is "cruising" all week, but the official DeLorean cruising is usually limited to Friday and Saturday.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Count me in Rich - the Troy QAC parts car, #1798, will be there as well

I plan on doing much more cruising this year though

My VIN:    4357

I might try and make it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tom kish vin. 4357 View Post
    I might try and make it
    SWEET - it will be good to see Tom Kish again (and have a tow vehicle ready to assist my car when it breaks down)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Count me in Rich - the Troy QAC parts car, #1798, will be there as well

I plan on doing much more cruising this year though
    Hey Josh, I think Tony has you on the list already, so you should be all set.

For those of you who have not seen the POG CAR (VIN...520) in the past,
    Tony Swann has made the car a bit easier to identify, even from a distance.

POG_CAR.jpg

We plan to cruise on Friday (with less traffic) as well as cruise on Saturday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hey Josh, I think Tony has you on the list already, so you should be all set.

For those of you who have not seen the POG CAR (VIN...520) in the past,
    Tony Swann has made the car a bit easier to identify, even from a distance.

POG_CAR.jpg

We plan to cruise on Friday (with less traffic) as well as cruise on Saturday.
    Thanks Rich - you and Tony are da bomb

Perhaps I should get a plate that says 'PART CAR'

Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - Saturday, August 16, 2014 (the 20th Anniversary this year)

Registration Note: As of DCS 2014, we already have 80% of the DeLorean Reserved parking spaces "filled", so
    if you plan to attend and park with our DMC clubs, reserve your space now or very soon.

There is "cruising" all week, but the official DeLorean cruising is usually limited to Friday and Saturday.
    With Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 only a month away, I thought I would mention we sold out all of our reserved spaces
    before July 1st, but with several more requests, we added on a few more reserved spaces for any additional DeLoreans.

I also wanted to add that the DMC clubs will be featured in a WXYZ- Channel 7 (Detroit) Woodward 2-hour special TV show
    that will be broadcast the evening of the Woodward Dream Cruise, both locally and in other markets, such as Chicagoland.

Banned

With Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 only a month away, I thought I would mention we sold out all of our reserved spaces
    before July 1st, but with several more requests, we added on a few more reserved spaces for any additional DeLoreans.

I also wanted to add that the DMC clubs will be featured in a WXYZ- Channel 7 (Detroit) Woodward 2-hour special TV show
    that will be broadcast the evening of the Woodward Dream Cruise, both locally and in other markets, such as Chicagoland.
    Looking forward to it

Woodward Update - Jordan from JLP Movies will be filming at Woodward this year

Just confirmed ... Jordan Livingston from JLP Movies will be filming our DeLoreans and our DeLorean caravans driving up and down Woodward Ave.

Those of you that have been to the past few DCS events, including last month in Dayton, OH know that Jordan has been working on his DeLorean
    Documentary for quite some time now and getting some footage of DeLoreans in the Detroit area will be "icing on the cake" for this documentary.

As most of you have read here or in the past that the Woodward Dream Cruise is one of the best places to display and cruise with your DeLorean.
    Jordan will be capturing the "energy" from the public in John Z. DeLorean's home town, as we display and cruise with our DeLoreans on Woodward.

All though the pre-registration deadline has come and gone for the reserved display area, there will be plenty of parking just off of Woodward Ave
    and there is no registration needed if you want to "cruise" your DeLorean with our caravan of DeLoreans, both Friday evening and all day Saturday.

If you plan to join us, please send me a PM before August 14th, so I know to expect you and we can save you an "off-Woodward" parking pass.

I hope to see many of you at Woodward this year.

Weather Update - Woodward Ave is dry, after historic Detroit Metro area flooding

For the Weather Nerds out there (like me), the historic flooding in the Detroit Metro area has not caused any street flooding on Woodward Ave.

Many Detroit area expressways are still under water (as much as 14ft, on parts of I-696) or under as much as 2ft of mud, once the water is gone.
    This will cause significant re-routing of traffic to surface streets (like Woodward Ave), especially the "xx Mile Road" streets, from 6 Mile to 12 Mile.

We have received a couple emails from the event organizers and the Woodward Dream Cruise is ON, so we hope to see many of you on Saturday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast