PDA

View Full Version : General Dmc houston

djdogbone
06-24-2014, 11:16 PM
Does anyone here work as a mechanic at DMCH. I will be in the area July 3 and would love to tour the warehouse.

mluder
06-25-2014, 02:20 AM
Just contact James Espey... If you let him know in advance and he's around and not too busy he'd probably be happy to oblige. Worst case you can always visit the showroom. There's lots to see there.
We went down last year and managed to meet up with him. He was vary gracious with his time and showed us around the facility and told us some stories... A really great guy.

Dangermouse
06-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Same here.

I actually just showed up as I had a sudden free afternoon and wanted to visit "mecca" not really knowing what to expect. James very kindly volunteered the tour, but I'm sure an advance phone call would be appreciated

wrkey
06-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Anyone coming to Houston should check in with myself or one of the other D owner's here in Houston. Maybe even come out to The Game Preserve and play a few arcade and pinball games.

I've been to DMC Houston more times than my wallet wants to count and they have always been very accomdating.

djdogbone
06-25-2014, 11:54 PM
The reason I was headed to Hockley was for a family reunion. On top of that, I was going to use this as an opportunity to visit DMCH. Unfortunately, due to a family emergency with the host family, the reunion was cancelled today... such is life.

Thanks for the advice folks. Maybe I'll be able to go next year.

Dangermouse
06-26-2014, 08:14 AM
I just saw that you are in San Antonio. Only a 3 hour road trip to DMCH.:goatee:

That's where I was when I had a sudden free afternoon (actually a little north, in Buda), I just jumped in the car and headed on over.

djdogbone
06-26-2014, 04:37 PM
I need to check the status of the bearings and brakes now that I have the engine under control.

I'm also working on the A/C and the horn this weekend. Maybe after that, I'll feel better about taking an extended drive in the DMC.

alexwolf1216
06-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Look, a San Antonioian. :nana1:

djdogbone
06-26-2014, 05:34 PM
yes sir!

airfireman1
06-27-2014, 08:46 AM
I will be visiting Houston in October and would love to have a look around DMC Houston as I will be purchasing quite a few dollars worth of parts to take back to Australia to finish restoring vin 12181 the only Wooler Hodec Right hand drive in this part of the world