PDA

View Full Version : General Positive Customer Service Expereince / Recommendation: G Pop Shop (Turbos etc)

Andrew
06-30-2014, 05:39 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know about the great customer service I received from G Pop Shop. G Pop is a turbocharger sales and service company located in Arkansas. I was referred to them by Marty Maier for a rebuild kit for my BAE's Rajay turbo. I ordered the rebuild kit over the phone on Tuesday and requested 3 day shipping so that I would have the kit by Friday. However, on Friday, I got a call from Gerry at G-Pop letting me know that due to an address error, the kit would not be delivered until Monday. Since my plan was to reassemble the turbo Friday night and drive the car over the weekend, the shipping delay caused some problems for my weekend. Thus Gerry provided me with the UPS tracking number so I could arrange a will-call pickup ath the local UPS facility on Friday night.

Once I got UPS on the phone, the representative confirmed that per UPS policy, only the shipper could change the status to will-call. I asked to speak to the manager; however, per the attitude of the UPS rep and my usual experience with UPS, I didn't expect them to go out of their way whatsoever. So, while I was on hold with UPS waiting for a manager, I used my other phone to call Gerry to see if he could switch the pickup status to same day will-call, which he did without hesitation. In fact, Gerry called UPS and had the pickup status change completed BEFORE I even got through to the manager at UPS!

To make a long story short, I was able to pick up the rebuild kit from the UPS distribution center that same night and had the turbo reassembled, reinstalled and running before 11:30 PM.

Without a doubt, the guys at G Pop Shop went above and beyond in a few ways. 1. They gave me a heads-up regarding the anticpated delivery delay; and, 2 they went out of their way to remedy the situation. I certainly can't say the same about UPS!

Therefore, I recommend G-Pop Shop to my fellow turbocharged DeLorean owners! Their website is https://gpopshop.com/

By the way, the rebuild kit was correct as well and the rebuild itself wasn't all that difficult.

NightFlyer
06-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Good to hear - sounds like the next time we venture out to a track, you just might be running your car down as well :wink:

Andrew
06-30-2014, 10:13 PM
I may have to! In checking the car for vacuum issues I also located the mother of all vacuum leaks. Turns out the metal line to the break booster had a leak. Here I just assumed the booster was bad. Now an hour and some replacment steel line and a few feet of hose later, my power brakes work better than ever :-)

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

NightFlyer
06-30-2014, 10:45 PM
I may have to! In checking the car for vacuum issues I also located the mother of all vacuum leaks. Turns out the metal line to the break booster had a leak. Here I just assumed the booster was bad. Now an hour and some replacment steel line and a few feet of hose later, my power brakes work better than ever :-)

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

SWEET - that's something that I need to check on my car as well, as I've got something funky going on (which I suspect is a vacuum leak), but it's not severe enough to have caused me to investigate it yet :thumbup:

Maybe we'll have get together for some tech sessions in the near future :biggrin: