PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Body Molding / Rocker Panels

mjmadalena
07-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Has anyone had or seen their Rocker Panels under the stainless steel panels start to separate? It looks like the pins used to hold the panels to the body are coming loose and detached. How do you fix this issue? Thanks.

sdg3205
07-01-2014, 10:49 PM
The white female clips break. You need to replace them.

mjmadalena
07-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Just unscrew the rocker panel and replace the clips? Anything unique with this repair? Thanks.

sdg3205
07-01-2014, 10:58 PM
The hardest part is getting the Phillips screws to come out. Sometimes they're rusted in there pretty good.

If you panels have already started to separate, those screws are the only things holding you back. The white clips sit in the metal portion, and when they fall apart they let go of the studs in the rocker panel.

mluder
07-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Agree with Dave... Those Phillips screws can be a nightmare. Ask me how I know. The clips - depending on which ones need replacing - can be removed and replaced without removing the screws if you're careful. there's usually enough flex int he rocker panel to allow you to pry it away to do the work. Of course I take no responsibility for any damage that may incur. I'm only relaying what I managed to do.