PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Hazards and turn signals and binnacle, oh my!

penciltester
07-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Ok, we replaced the relays with the ones in the kit that DMC sells, we replaced spark plug wires and spark plugs, we had to replace the short speedo line, which meant binnacle removal, and we just rebled the clutch. Now for some reason the hazards and flashers no longer function. We hooked up the flasher relay to a motorcycle we have and the relay didn't work those lights either.

My question is, could something with the circuit board on the binnacle be causing this? Everything else functions fine. And dear god I hope I dont have to get that thing off again.

Thanks in advance!

DMCMW Dave
07-04-2014, 02:05 PM
It's important to note that the turn signal circuit goes through the hazard switch, so if that switch fails, or more likely the connector falls off the back, both will quit working. They are all on fuse 6.

The DMC flasher is a weird pin configuration and will not work in other vehicles (and vice versa). So don't write that off yet.

robvanderveer
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Also, check the connectors at the back of the binnacle and make sure the tabs on the flexiprint are good.

penciltester
07-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the quick responses.

My dad showed up with a relay that the parts store said would work. And low and behold everything started working again. Thank God it was an easy fix.

mburshtain
07-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the quick responses.

My dad showed up with a relay that the parts store said would work. And low and behold everything started working again. Thank God it was an easy fix.

Just curious, which relay is that?

Tillsy
07-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Just curious, which relay is that?

I'd suggest the flasher relay behind the binnacle...

penciltester
07-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Yep flasher relay. Get upside down, slide under the steering wheel, reach up over the steering column on your right side and you will find the flasher relay. Removing it is a sumofabitch, it's stuck in rather tightly. I had to use a screwdriver to pry it loose.

looks like this

https://store.delorean.com/p-7021-flasherhazard.aspx