PDA

View Full Version : VIN #5980 Restauration Pics

klaus5980
07-05-2014, 09:52 AM
#5980 was shipped from USA (Georgia) to Germany in 1990 (the 1987 Georgia emisson sticker is still on my windshield) and was stored for six years with no maintainance. Sometime earlier the car was in involved in an accident, it has some dents and repair marks on the frame on the rear left side.

I bought this DeLorean on May 30 1996 as a piece of garbage...

Engine was running on 5 cylinders only, transmission 5th gear was missing, interior in bad shape and partially disassembled, WUR not working.
Many wires added to bypass some electric problems.

The first four years I made slides and have them not scanned yet... a to do when I retire next year.:yesss:

Digital pictures are made since 2000:

http://www.steinerklaus.de/dmc/dmc.htm

click on the "Technik"-links

Klaus

Klaus

Domi
07-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Some really nice pictures on your website.

ALEXAKOS
07-06-2014, 04:39 AM

Klaus

Hallo Bruder!!!!!
I am the owner of 12 vins after you. 5992 that is.

So you are the closest vin owner I know so far.

I had seen your vin on the German club page a while back. I am half German but live in Greece.

You and I have performed similar restoration jobs with the difference that I did all the work in one year ( still at it). See my thread here.

Man sieht sich;)

Mike F
07-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Not to derail your thread, but your car shares an interesting sort of "reverse" parallel with mine! The previous owner (who I bought it from) purchased it in Germany in 1990 and had it shipped to the US after his tour was over. He didn't mention knowing any other owners over there but perhaps he knew the previous owner of yours!

klaus5980
07-10-2014, 07:19 AM
He didn't mention knowing any other owners over there but perhaps he knew the previous owner of yours!

I was in contact with the German company who imported my car from the USA to Germany, but they didn't have any information about former owners. I'm in Florida (Sarasota area) the whole November and will order the "Original Owner Information" from http://deloreanmuseum.org then. Hope this will help to find out more about my car.

ALEXAKOS
07-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Maybe you find some info about mine?

My 5992 was dealt and leased by Maroon Pontiac in NJ. No clue the where abouts and his she ended up in DMCFL