PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Door switch wiring

penciltester
07-13-2014, 12:32 AM
So my dad is in the process of teaching how to make since of a wiring schematic, but for now I just did some trial and error to get my dome lights to work. Seems the previous owner didn't know what he was doing either. :D

Anyway, can someone tell me the wire coloring from top connection to bottom connection on the drivers side door switch/switches? Everything seems to be fine but I just want to make sure.

Once again, thanks guys.

Jonathan
07-13-2014, 07:52 AM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40-All-Wiring-Schematics&p=84&viewfull=1#post84

The interior lighting schematic is in the first post of this thread, right at the end (marked as corrected). It will show you the wiring colours for the door switches and everything else. All the other wiring diagrams are in that thread too.

Rich
07-13-2014, 07:26 PM
....can someone tell me the wire coloring from top connection to bottom connection on the drivers side door switch/switches?

The schematic you see in the previous post is your reference.

As you probably know, only one of the two switches on the driver side door jamb controls the interior lights.

The upper/lower terminals of that switch can have either of the wires going to them. Black is gnd and purple/blue is active on driver side.

On our car the upper switch is the interior light switch but it probably doesn't matter. Both switches should activate in tandem.

penciltester
07-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys

Everything is working properly now.